Consistent 33s/34s but still worried...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moses MD

I got a staff
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound arrogant or whatever, but I am making 33s and 34s consistently on AAMC tests, but I am still worried that I won't perform well on test day.

Is that completely ******ed? I am worried about verbal, I am scoring 10s and 11s, but its always down to the wire.

My breakdown:
3R - 33 (12, 11, 10) :cool:
4R - 27 (10, 8, 9) :eek:
5R - 34 (11, 11, 12) :D
6R - 34 (11, 11, 12) :D
7 - 33 (11, 10, 12) :)

Members don't see this ad.

I hear what you are saying...I get similiar scores....but sometimes I feel like I'm getting lucky or just using logical reasoning rather than a thorough understanding of the material. I'm not sure if that is how everyone feels though.

Moses MD said:
This may sound arrogant or whatever, but I am making 33s and 34s consistently on AAMC tests, but I am still worried that I won't perform well on test day.

Is that completely ******ed? I am worried about verbal, I am scoring 10s and 11s, but its always down to the wire.

My breakdown:

No, it's not ******ed. I was scoring in the low 30's (high score of 13/10/12)on my practice tests and ended up with a 29. However, I am not trying to scare you, because I don't think this is generally the case. I ended up getting rocked on PS with a score that was not even close to what I was averaging, probably because all of the material I sucked at or was not fully prepared with... I ended up getting. I was a little shaken from that point.

Most of the people I know ended up getting their best score on the real thing, so hopefully that will be the case for you too :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Moses MD said:

My breakdown:

Yes. Yes it is.

Yes, you are arrogant.
Yes, you will do fine.
Now go pat yourself on the back, tell yourself how smart you are and stop making posts like these.

Thank you.

ironmanf14 said:
No, it's not ******ed. I was scoring in the low 30's (high score of 13/10/12)on my practice tests and ended up with a 29. However, I am not trying to scare you, because I don't think this is generally the case. I ended up getting rocked on PS with a score that was not even close to what I was averaging, probably because all of the material I sucked at or was not fully prepared with... I ended up getting. I was a little shaken from that point.

Most of the people I know ended up getting their best score on the real thing, so hopefully that will be the case for you too :)

That's what I am worried about. I think I have been getting lucky, almost every test I just so happened to look over the major things that were tested the night before.

Won't know till test day I guess....

Moses MD said:
That's what I am worried about. I think I have been getting lucky, almost every test I just so happened to look over the major things that were tested the night before.

Worrying like this will only reduce your confidence and lower your score. Seriously, there is no point in thinking your scores are luck.

Moses MD said:

My breakdown:

maybe if you deleted those smiley faces you would come across as a bit less "******ed".

Moses MD said:

Nah, If you are consistent there is no reason to think that you will drop. Like I said, I am pretty sure droping is rare.

Stay positive!

ADeadLois said:
Worrying like this will only reduce your confidence and lower your score. Seriously, there is no point in thinking your scores are luck.

I agree. Plus, you have one more week to review your weak points. :luck: on test day.

Dr_Dan_the_man said:
Yes, you are arrogant.
Yes, you will do fine.
Now go pat yourself on the back, tell yourself how smart you are and stop making posts like these.

Thank you.

:laugh: :laugh: Funny stuff. Dr. Dan

Yeah, a little worry is a good thing but the chances of dropping a lot from your practice scores are pretty slim, I mean I don't know anyone who......crap nevermind.

j/k very good chance that you'll be fine.

seth03 said:
maybe if you deleted those smiley faces you would come across as a bit less "******ed".
ahahahaha

I love some of the bitter replies

Members don't see this ad :)
I know exactly how you feel. Though I have not taken that many practice tests, I have scored 33, 36, and 35 I believe. But I still feel sooooo not ready, and am honestly thinking about waiting until January. Like you, I feel like I got lucky with some of the PS topics (I suck at physics and let myself down by not really working on it that much). I also dont want to study pipes and stuff. Also, I keep thinking I will get stuff I dont know so well on bio, like a ton of plant stuff or something.
Maybe you are having doubt bc you know in your mind you didn't fully prepare like you should/could have. I think that is what is causing it for me. Whatever you decide good luck.

Do your duty towards studying for the MCAT and let the score come to you.

You never worry about the score, only what you must do to get it.

it's not rediculous what you're saying.
If I get you right, the number of questions that you are "100% sure of" is far less than the ones you get on a lucky guess...
I was kinda the same way too. Just make sure you're well rested before the real thing, and study some of the formula's for PS and a few vocab words for BS. All ya can do besides try your hardest on test day and drink alot of caffine.

Dr_Dan_the_man said:
Yes, you are arrogant.
Yes, you will do fine.

Thank you.
:laugh:

Noeljan said:
I know exactly how you feel. Though I have not taken that many practice tests, I have scored 33, 36, and 35 I believe. But I still feel sooooo not ready, and am honestly thinking about waiting until January.

Okie, is this normal???? lol, I have not made anywhere near a 36 and I am still in it for next week. I presume these doubts are only natural, but this exam is reasoning based and not rote memorization. Technically, you can reason your way through VR (duh!) and BS. Stop doubting and use your smarts! I am sure you will do well!! :luck:

hi moses,
it is very often that i mark the right answer, however when i read the explanation--->i am very shocked with myself (i.e. i don;t understand why i picked it in the first place). this is normal. going over this problem few times should do it.
good job on the practice exams. and good luck with mcats (good luck to me too :laugh: ) i am sure if you treat the real one like you are just taking another practice, you should be fine.

p.s. and please forgive people with offensive remarks. they are under a lot of pressure
:love: :luck:

With those scores, you are 100% guaranteed to score a 6J on test day... 7J if you cram from now til then... but otherwise you're basically ****ed, so void your scores, okay?

Moses MD said:

Seriously what do you want us to say? Of course you'll do well, you have nothing to worry about. Or maybe even "dude i got a 19 you're in the safe zone". Naw... void while you're ahead, buddy.

mcat_study said:
hi moses,
it is very often that i mark the right answer, however when i read the explanation--->i am very shocked with myself (i.e. i don;t understand why i picked it in the first place). this is normal. going over this problem few times should do it.
good job on the practice exams. and good luck with mcats (good luck to me too :laugh: ) i am sure if you treat the real one like you are just taking another practice, you should be fine.

p.s. and please forgive people with offensive remarks. they are under a lot of pressure
:love: :luck:
agreed; some people are easily offended when they are totally stressed and i can understand both sides but peoiple don't have to be rude....