Contact Admissions About Error?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wjustice

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking over a secondary I submitted about a week ago (at my state school), and I realized that I listed the wrong year for a fellowship I received in college. Can't believe I missed this when I was looking it over! The duration of the fellowship is the same. . .everything else is alright. Probably they won't notice. But should I contact the admissions office to let them know about the error? I would hate to have this come back to haunt me at a later date if I get accepted and then they notice.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably they won't notice.

I think that the above is the key. Why call yourself out over something that probably does not matter much? If it comes up in the future you can tell the truth and say it was a mistake and you accidentally put the wrong year. I would not bring it up.

I would let it go.

As a general rule of thumb, don't ever, ever look at the secondary after you hit that submit button. You can look at it if they ask you to interview and you are prepping, but not right after you hit submit. Something like this will happen and you will go nuts.

Members don't see this ad :)
i made an error on mine too

I was using the secondary to enter some info about activities for another application. All these dates are so easy to mess up. . .all the years kind of blend together and it's tough to keep them straight. And I swear, I read through my application several times and had someone else look it over. But I was more concerned about grammatical errors. Wish this wasn't for my state school.

Yeah, I guess I probably won't contact them.

I would let it go.

As a general rule of thumb, don't ever, ever look at the secondary after you hit that submit button. You can look at it if they ask you to interview and you are prepping, but not right after you hit submit. Something like this will happen and you will go nuts.

Yeah, I hear ya. I write the essays for each school in school specific word documents. All the other stuff, I pull from amcas and make sure that jives.

I'm sure you are fine. If you didn't notice after numerous proofing runs, I don't think they will. It would really be a problem if you said you had the fellowship for 3 years, but really it was only 3 months.

It is actually a minor nightmare of mine to read one of these essays or look at one of these applications after the fact and see some major screw up.