contact info in aacomas activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

call me x

word.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

last night when i could not sleep i started freaking myself out concerning contacts in my aacomas activities sections.....i know that if a med school was to call up volunteer services there is a record of me, however i am pretty sure the doctors i shadowed 2 1/2 years ago might not remember me....so i guess my question is, should i be concerned that i put down doctors i've shadowed for a few hours years ago that might not remember me if asked? do adcoms do checks on all of your activities? i have a feeling they really don't have time for such things, but i was just wondering since my insomnia has truly been getting the best of me lately :confused:

thanks in advance, and sorry if i'm sounding ridiculous,
x

Members don't see this ad.

i heard that they check every single activity you put down there. so if they can't remember you, you'll get in tons of trouble because then they'll think you lied about the experience.

nah, i'm just kidding. i have no idea and decided to be mean :D.

but i do think that in the event that they wanted to call someone up, they would probably choose a more recent experience of yours, or one that you put more hours into since they'd be more likely to remember you if you spent 8 hours a day with them, 5 days a week, for 3 months, even if it was 2.5 years ago. sorry i can't be of more help, but as long as you didn't lie on anything, i think you're fine.

Agreed. Don't worry. I don't think anyone will call anyone, and if they did, it certainly wouldn't be to verify some shadowing experience from 2 or 3 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I did my AACOMAS application there was no area that requested any contact info. The only place I have seen this is the secondary for ATSU-SOMA. Otherwise, how will they check it if you dont personally provide that info to the school?

How can a school have the resources/personnel to verify all of that stuff?

Also, I am in kind of the same boat. If they want to verify my stuff, it could be an issue. Most of those people arent around anymore. Also, my DO is a hard person to get a hold of. you will eventually, but it can take time.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for your input.....i really have no idea how i even got so worried about this (damn insomnia hah)....i figure lots of people have activities that are from a few years ago (especially if they are out of college), and there is no way adcoms have time to check with all the doctors i shadowed 2 years ago (even if there were only 4 of them haha).....and you are right, there isn't a place on the application to put down contact #s etc, which is why i am now realizing that it would be REALLY unlikely for that info to be requested at a later date.....ahhh

thanks again everyone....i am aware that i am nuts but i do feel much better now.....if only my app could get verified faster and i'd be on cloud nine ;)

Also, I would really hope a medical school would not waste an interview spot on someone only to verify things about them later & find out they are false! That would be terrible, as there are so few precious interview slots available. If you have been invited to an interview, you should be good to go.

These schools have these things down to a science I'm sure, and I am glad. Gives those who worked the hardest the best chance.