1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

contact schools or no??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by IGGA, Jul 24, 2000.

1. IGGA

IGGA Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was wondering if it's ok to contact schools regarding where am i during the application process. I know many schools say not to contact them and to wait for their response. Would it show that i really wanna go to their school if i kept asking them about my application status??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tristate

tristate Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

What most schools do is send a postcard to you letting you know that they have received your application. If the application is not complete, they might have a blank on the postcard stating that a part of your application is missing. Take their advice and wait for some type of writing from them.

------------------
    And the blessings just keep coming!

4. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Be aware that most medical schools (well the ones that I applied to) don't give you ANY notice if your application is complete. I called them and after several medschools I found that my application was indeed completed so I decided not to call the rest. Call or don't call... it won't affect your application!

------------------
    What's best isn't always what's obvious..