Contacted by med schools at weird times?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CaNEM, Nov 28, 2002.

1. CaNEM

CaNEM Senior Member

Anyone else ever get correspondance from a med school at strange times or days? Just two days ago, I got an email from NYU at 11:59pm, and I got an email today from someone at Penn State - Thankgiving day!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

Well they could always be using something along the lines of TimeCave (http://www.timecave.com).

4. Maple

Last year Creighton U emailed me an interview invite on a sat night..around midnight! Needless to say, I was really flattered and excited!:D

5. 14457

14457 Guest

Pre-Medical
    It might not be them (personally) sending it at that time. It could be send automatically by thier computer/e-mail system or something. Who knows about the mail thing...lol.:)

6. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27

Resident [Any Field]
    To avoid network congestion, I would hope that university computers would be scheduled to send out mass emails during off-peak hours.

7. lady bug

Some of my friends that got into Florida med schools got calls from the deans at 7:00 in the morning telling them about an acceptance!

8. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    i was sitting in my apartment drinking beer and watching a nba game around 10pm when the dean of NJMS called to tell me i got in :D

9. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

One of my friends heard from UMich via email at 12:07AM or so on October 15. They didn't waste any time. ;)

-RA