contacting admissions after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spelbo420

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I interviewed a couple weeks ago, and have not heard anything yet, and I was wondering should I call or email just to see how things are going? Do the admissions see this as me being a pest, or as me caring about the school and whether I get in? Another reason I would like to know something is that I need to know if I am accepted because some military scholarships I am wanting to apply for have a Dec. 15 deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably shouldn't call to ask if you're admitted till later. Did the school say they'll notify you within 2 weeks? If not they're probably taking their own sweet time and won't admit people till much later. In any case 2 weeks is a pretty short time within which to expect notification, so yeah, give 'em some time.

Do you have to know which med school you're going to to apply for the scholarship? Seems strange that they'd require you to know that this early in the cycle.

They just need a letter of acceptance from any school by Dec. 15th or whereabouts...the admissions committee said its possible to know in a couple of weeks, or April...so that gives me a large window...i just think the best thing to do would be to wait, I suppose...

i see...well in that case maybe just wait a little longer, and call in about 2 more weeks. that'll still give you plenty of time to get the letter in (by mail or fax)