Contacting admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frustrated2016

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A physician I work with told me that I should send admissions a letter, telling them how much I want to go to their school, that it's my number 1 choice etc. I'm not sure I should do that? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

This probably won't net you much. They know you want to go there, and at some point in the cycle they will know if you haven't been accepted anywhere else.

The only time this is a good idea (usually called a letter of intent) is if you are accepted at a "higher tier" school and are on a waitlist at your first choice. It lets them know you want to attend your #1 over somewhere that historically applicants choose over the school in question. Otherwise you're wasting paper.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
This probably won't net you much. They know you want to go there, and at some point in the cycle they will know if you haven't been accepted anywhere else.

Thank you!

The only time this is a good idea (usually called a letter of intent) is if you are accepted at a "higher tier" school and are on a waitlist at your first choice. It lets them know you want to attend your #1 over somewhere that historically applicants choose over the school in question. Otherwise you're wasting paper.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
A physician I work with told me that I should send admissions a letter, telling them how much I want to go to their school, that it's my number 1 choice etc. I'm not sure I should do that? Thoughts?
These are treated as lies, in the same way that any hot chick treats "But I'll still respect you in the morning!"

Reactions: 1 users