Frustrated2016

Feb 2, 2017
A physician I work with told me that I should send admissions a letter, telling them how much I want to go to their school, that it's my number 1 choice etc. I'm not sure I should do that? Thoughts?

21Rush12

19h 58m 21.67595s; +35° 12′ 05.7783″
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This probably won't net you much. They know you want to go there, and at some point in the cycle they will know if you haven't been accepted anywhere else.

The only time this is a good idea (usually called a letter of intent) is if you are accepted at a "higher tier" school and are on a waitlist at your first choice. It lets them know you want to attend your #1 over somewhere that historically applicants choose over the school in question. Otherwise you're wasting paper.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user

Frustrated2016

Feb 2, 2017
This probably won't net you much. They know you want to go there, and at some point in the cycle they will know if you haven't been accepted anywhere else.

Thank you!

The only time this is a good idea (usually called a letter of intent) is if you are accepted at a "higher tier" school and are on a waitlist at your first choice. It lets them know you want to attend your #1 over somewhere that historically applicants choose over the school in question. Otherwise you're wasting paper.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

About the Ads

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
A physician I work with told me that I should send admissions a letter, telling them how much I want to go to their school, that it's my number 1 choice etc. I'm not sure I should do that? Thoughts?
These are treated as lies, in the same way that any hot chick treats "But I'll still respect you in the morning!"

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.