Contacting interviewer after being waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aabb111

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys.
After I interviewed with a faculty member at a medical school, my interviewer gave me her email address and told me to email her if I had any questions.
When I came home, I sent her a thank you letter by mail, and I have not contacted her by email.
Well , I was waitlisted today, and I remember reading somewhere(by the way, this is driving me crazy cause I thought I read it from a credible source) that I should now contact my interviewer and ask if there was anything I could do to increase my chances of coming off the waitlist.
Wat do you guys think? Would this seem annoying or appropriate?
I know I could just write letters of interest or intent directly to the admissions office but I had a great conversation with my interviewer and she was very kind to me. I feel like she could help me gauge my chances of coming off the waitlist and also give me pointers on how to improve my application for next year.
Thanks for the help!
Oh, and if anyone can tell me if they also read that somewhere(contacting the interviewer after waitlist), it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the other comments, but don't forget that it's possible this prof's eval of you was unfavorable. Despite the friendliness. So, you may or may not have a buddy on the inside.

I agree with the other comments, but don't forget that it's possible this prof's eval of you was unfavorable. Despite the friendliness. So, you may or may not have a buddy on the inside.

While possible, I wouldn't give my email address or any contact information to an applicant I didn't see favorably. I'd merely say that all contact should go through the admissions office.