Contacting Recruiter for HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IslandFox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am about to contact an Air Force recruiter for HPSP. For those who have received the scholarship, what are the top 10 questions you did ask or would ask if you were to apply again?
Secondly, I have prepared by reading the stickies on this forum and Luke Ballard's website and sample AF contract. What additional resource would you recommend to prepare? Please send specific links or threads you found highly useful.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you read the stickies, you know the ups and downs of HPSP, so there isn't much else to tell you. Will the AF pay for your schooling? Yes. Is it going to put you way out ahead financially in the long run? No. Should you do it for the money? No. Could you get forced into a GMO/Flight Surgeon slot for a couple of years before residency? Absolutely.

I don't know what else you really need to know. If you read the stickies and Luke Ballard's website, then you should know what you need to know.

Honestly, the only other things I would ask the recruiter are: "What free stuff will you give me? Mousepad, backpack, scrub top, scrub cap, flash drive w/ AF logo, maybe some AF scrubs?" and "I don't know yet... maybe a ride in a fighter jet would put me over the edge. Could you arrange for me to fly back seat in something fast and airborne?"

That's about it.