Content Review Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ovobohn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm planning on taking the MCAT in late August. I'll be taking biochemistry, from the third week of May through the end of June. I'm thinking I'll be able to do content review alongside that, and then hit the practice exams and practice passages hard until my test date. A few questions:
1. When doing content review (with a set of Kaplan books), should I create my own Anki cards and use them as I prep? Or should I be starting off with a premed deck, and cycling through it, even if I haven't covered some of the content on the cards yet?
2. Am I alright with not taking a full-length exam until after I've finished my summer Biochemistry class? Is there a recommended way to incorporate passage practice as I do content review?

Members don't see this ad.

1. When doing content review (with a set of Kaplan books), should I create my own Anki cards and use them as I prep? Or should I be starting off with a premed deck, and cycling through it, even if I haven't covered some of the content on the cards yet? Make your own personalized Anki deck. Mine had only 800 cards after the full review.
2. Am I alright with not taking a full-length exam until after I've finished my summer Biochemistry class? Is there a recommended way to incorporate passage practice as I do content review? Biochemistry is everywhere on the MCAT except CARS. It would be a waste of FL to take it only half-prepared.

Reactions: 1 user