Content review or Practice for a retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-spring

Reaction score
Hello, so I took the MCAT last June and got a 510 (128/128/128/126), and applied with that score, I didn't get any interviews, so I am planning on reapplying this year and retaking the MCAT. I am currently signed up for the April 29th test date and am just starting to study. I work full time, so I can study about 3 hours a day on weekdays and about 7 hours a day on weekends, so around 30 hours a week. Firstly I was wondering if the 3 months should be enough or if I should push the date back. I want to apply as early as possible this cycle, so I don't want my MCAT score to delay my application. So this would give me about 300 hours of total study time. I would also try taking the 2 weeks before the exam off.

I was also wondering if I should focus on just practice and forgo content review. My score clearly shows my weakness in P/S and I'm sure I'm lacking in content there, so I'm definitely going to be going through 300 KA page doc, P/S ANKI decks, and practice UEarth questions, but was wondering whether I should focus more on practice for CP and B/B and forgo content review. I did a lot of content review last time and didn't really do much practice except for the AAMC materials. For now, I was planning to finish all the content review by end of March and then practice UEarth and AAMC material for one month, but I'm debating whether I should just start doing UEarth and the Berkeley Review questions instead of spending time reading the chapters.

Members don't see this ad.