calivianya

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2017
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi guys!

I just recently decided to apply DO as well as MD, and I'm going to submit my primary application soon. I was just wondering what kind of things you guys think are important enough to put on the CE section?

I probably have greater than 300+ hours of CEs and I'm not going to waste anyone's time (mine included!) by entering them all. I don't even know what all of them are at this point. I'm licensed as a RN in three states, so I have three states' worth of mandatory CEs (unfortunately two of the states are not compact, so it really has been three separate processes). I've taken all kinds of state-specific things I know no one cares about except that state's BON.

I have two specialty certifications, one of which I've taken a review course for (maybe include the review course?), I've taken trauma courses, I've taken and recerted BLS, ACLS, PALS multiple times each. Not to mention it is the dreaded annual validation time at my job... so within the past two months I've racked up at least 30 hours of CE credits for things my job wants me to take.

How about if one is just a basic one credit hour article, but it's from my specialty's professional organization and the topic is of particular interest to me?

What do schools actually care about seeing in this section?

Last edited:
Reactions: jiweiss999
About the Ads