Contract from the prelim and rad onc programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cujust

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Just wanted to know if any of you have received the contract from the prelim and/or the rad onc programs that you've matched to. I've been eagerly waiting for mine and so far have not received any!

Members don't see this ad.

you should not freak out. your prelim program should be mailing you a contract in the next couple of months, but you might not hear until late may. the match is sort of a contract in itself, so it is not like a regular job where they are eager to get you to sign.

i did not hear from my rad onc program until the april of my intern year. as time went on, i did start to doubt if maybe i did not actually match and it was all a mistake. but i think most people do not sign contracts for their rad onc programs until a few months before they actually start.

I received info from my prelim program a few days after the match including licensing paperwork, appointment paperwork, health screening stuff, etc. I've been plowing through that. I also received an email from my Rad Onc program which basically said congrats, we'll talk in a year.

I'm planning to travel next month hence why I'm trying to get all this done now. If you have similar plans you might consider shooting an email off to your prelim program to get an idea of when they'll send stuff out. I wouldn't worry about your Rad Onc program.