Contracts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that if you apply and get accepted to some out of state schools, they require that you sign a contract that you will practice in that state for a specific amount of years...Is there any truth in this? If so, what schools do it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

"Require" is an awful strong word when it comes to acceptance. In my research prior to applying to med school, I had not heard/read of this. I think somebody provided you with some mis-information. I have read about, and they may have been confused with, some states that grant scholarships if you promise (sign contract) to practice primary care in an under rep. part of their state for x number of years. Although, I would be very interested to hear if there is a school out there that requires this.

Hope this helps.

I've never heard of a school that REQUIRED a student to stay put in one state.... unless you're up for a scholarship or loan repayment program that require a student to do certain things....

Members don't see this ad :)
Halaljello

I have nothing to post on that topic - just wanted to shout out a salaam! You going to ISNA? I'm trying to get some DO representation at the MYNA pre-med talk.

Salaam u alaikum

Ohio University requires that you do residency in the state of Ohio following graduation...I am sure you could get out of it, but you sign a contract of intent prior to matriculation.

OUCOM requires any out of state applicant to sign a five year contract stating that you will practice in Ohio for five years after graduation. Internships and residency count toward the time and will satisy most of the requirement depending on how long your residency is.

ISNA? nope... im not in that crowd... i've been there before though... and when I say ISNA should stand for "I See Nice Asses", im sure you know what i mean.

Well the food court is really a nightmare, fire hazards are unbelievable, and it's sad that for so many of those kids that's the only annual dose of their own culture that they get.

I go for other things. When you've spent weeks on end with little sleep, too much ramen, and list upon list of rote memorization, it's important to remember the rest of your world and to connect with it in some way - why you're doing this, and what it will mean in the rest of your life.

If you save one life, it is as if you have saved all of humanity. Takbir.