Convicted of Misdemeanor Class B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmallTownPreMed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was pulled over a little over 2 weeks ago for Failure to Yield to an Emergency Vehicle. If I am convicted of a Class B Misdemeanor, is this going to keep me from getting into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

No. Disclose it in your application and be prepared to talk about it during interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, boy, that sucks. Kentucky has one of the strictest Move-Over laws. I was asking because most states, including mine, classify "failure to yield to an emergency vehicle" as a petty traffic offense, not a misdemeanor.

Consult a traffic attorney and see if they can get it dismissed by the SA's office in exchange for you taking a traffic safety class and being put on probation. If it doesn't work, even though it's a Class B misdemeanor, it's just a moving violation (which I'm assuming didn't result in any harm) and shouldn't affect your chances much as long as you can explain what happened. Drug, theft, and violent offenses are what raise red flags.