Cooking Challenge v3.0: Olympics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I know it's not the challenge but birthday breakfast!!!! :D:hungry: @Mr. Coopah and I went out and doesn't it look delicious!

Just hit quote to see the awesomeness!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Not a size thing, isn't an image link. Looks like from google? Needs to end in like, .jpg, .png, .gif, whatever when you insert the image like that.

Members don't see this ad :)

I know it's not the challenge but birthday breakfast!!!! :D:hungry: @Mr. Coopah and I went out and doesn't it look delicious!

Just hit quote to see the awesomeness!
IMG_2445.jpg

Here you go, @Coopah and @Mr. Coopah . It looks delicious (and the pancakes are a wonderful color/ appear to be cooked all the way through. ;) )

Reactions: 4 users
I diverged from the avocado route (I have a bag of them I just got from TJs, but they're not ripe yet), and went with a fresh, green dish instead. Upon the suggestion of the handy recipe card my farm sends with my CSA box, I made pesto with spring onion greens, pine nuts, parmesan and a couple of garlic scapes. It's got more of a bite than basil pesto, and I'm sure my breath stinks, but it wasn't as overtly oniony as I feared. I still have another big bunch of onion greens (as well as the spring onions to go with them) - in the absence of any other ideas of what to do with them, I might make more. They claim it mellows if you freeze it for a while.
kqcYobn.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to show off my readiness for the next challenge! Black raspberries are ripening like crazy, and so far, the birds haven't noticed!
ImageUploadedBySDN1498237642.820706.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
To start berry week, I had raspberries for breakfast. Which was technically more like brunch. Not pictured is the small amount of yogurt I also had.
IMG_8321 copy.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I recently bought a teeny tiny waffle maker (it makes me stupid happy), and this challenge seemed like a great first use for it!

i7ptsFz.jpg

Waffle mix via the first recipe that pops up on google (except with coconut milk instead of cows milk... didn't think to pick any up ahead of time), and berry sauce just simmered fruits with brown sugar, lemon juice and zest, and a lil bit of water. Topped with maple syrup and vanilla halo top.

(I got Tesla out of the way before she ate any, don't worry).

Reactions: 12 users
I recently bought a teeny tiny waffle maker (it makes me stupid happy), and this challenge seemed like a great first use for it!

i7ptsFz.jpg

Waffle mix via the first recipe that pops up on google (except with coconut milk instead of cows milk... didn't think to pick any up ahead of time), and berry sauce just simmered fruits with brown sugar, lemon juice and zest, and a lil bit of water. Topped with maple syrup and vanilla halo top.

Teslaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: 1 user

i7ptsFz.jpg

Yum. That looks absolutely delicious! Mmmm

i7ptsFz.jpg

That looks amazing!

i7ptsFz.jpg

The more I look at this the more I want it in my mouth right now.

Reactions: 4 users
Berries aren't quite in season here just yet. So I used frozen. And my life is in chaos so went with an old standby: the smoothie. Mixed berries, vanilla whey powder and skim milk.
20170626_111528.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I was -going- to make a black raspberry balsamic chicken for this challenge.
But I ate all my ingredients. Not a single berry made it into the house. They all went from plant to mouth. It's the thought that counts, right?? Maybe in a few days there will be enough ripened to cover snacking + cooking :-D

Reactions: 9 users
Obviously I can do no chewing and have done minimal cooking this week. But fitting in Berry week is my Angel Food smoothie from Smoothie King! It's strawberry, banana, vanilla, and peanut butter for protein! Doesn't look great but it tastes amazing!

IMG_2566.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Friend came over and I actually made a smoothie (instead of store bought!) so it fits with the theme!

IMG_2575.JPG

Smoothie with 3 strawberries, 1/2 a banana, couple spoonfuls of Kiwi flavored Greek yogurt, and 1/4 cup whole milk! (Sorry I forgot to take picture before drinking haha)

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with homemade choke cherry jelly. (Jelly was made last fall, but the sandwich is fresh so I am counting it)20170628_150550.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Also did a smoothie (no pictures cause I drank it).

~1/3 cup spinach leaves, a bunch of strawberries, 1/2 banana, scoop of vanilla whey protein and almond milk.

Ohh garlic. TBH I just want to roast a garlic head and eat it straight with pita for this :laugh:

while looking for a gif I found what looked like smashed potatoes with a smashed roasted garlic and pesto on them. I'm considering for dinner, lol.
Oh god yes. I would like that in my mouth please.

Yummy. I have dinner planned out for the next 2 or 3 nights, but later this week. I'm thinking garlic alfredo tortellini with chicken.

Mhhmmm, sounds good. I haven't made my homemade alfredo sauce in a while, so I may be tempted to do the same.

I actually did just make some shrimp in EVOO, garlic and Old Bay with some ravioli and garlic salted asparagus.

I made blackberry cobbler yesterday. Also salsa that had garlic in it. Today I made a cheese dip that had green chilies, garlic, and corn to go with the chips and leftover salsa. I do pan-roasted broccoli with lemon juice and garlic +/- parmesan a lot...might do that with some chicken tomorrow.

Mhhmmm, sounds good. I haven't made my homemade alfredo sauce in a while, so I may be tempted to do the same.

I actually did just make some shrimp in EVOO, garlic and Old Bay with some ravioli and garlic salted asparagus.
That sounds really good too! Old bay makes me happy

Reactions: 1 users
Same!! I'm almost personally offended when people don't know what it is or like it.

Oh man. I feel the same way. My entire family (both sides) is from Baltimore. Though I grew up in Delaware, Old Bay was a huge staple for us growing up. I'm pretty much drooling thinking about all the good food I'll eat when I visit my family before vet school starts.