1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

cool images/photos: www.mymedpic.com

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by ramify, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ramify

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Check this website out: www.mymedpic.com
    some great images with links pertaining to the subject matter.
    can help tie some areas together, great for interest and review.

2. leorl

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Those photos look like they were taking off WebPath or something. Be careful with posting photos like that if you don't properly site them. If they're your own, then make sure you have the relevant parties' permission before displaying them. And then say that they're your own. Also, I'm not quite sure what the purpose of blogging a bunch of pictures does. There are hundreds of sites to get pictures from in a very organized fashion (ie webpath), so essentially you're just collecting pictures from picture banks? And emedicine is one of the top-used resources, so people would go there first anyway?

3. OP
    OP
    ramify

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    The photos included on the blog mentioned are all from my personal collection (not from any site or commercial source). I am several years into my residency and have acquired 100-1000s of images. This is stated on the site that all images posted to date are from my personal collection. Additionally, no image I've included has any distinguishing or identifying characteristic.

I certainly will notate/attribute the source of any photos I receive or post that are not my own (I have as yet not posted any photos that are not mine).

I post this site with the hope that we all can share clinical photos or things we've seen and learn from them.

I welcome any contributions and was hoping to generate some interesting discussion pertaining to the findings or disease processes.