Cooper Hospital - UMDNJ-RWJ-Camden question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just looking for some input from residents or students familiar with Cooper Hospital, I already put in my ROL (prelim medicine) so it doesn't much matter anyways, but how is this hospital in terms of basic facilities, computer/internet access, library, call rooms, ancillary staff (will I be scutting around or will a phlebotomist be around for blood draws and IVs), general work load, etc. I did interview and tour there, but it's been months and I've been to so many hospitals, it's all kind of a blur....

I know it's a scary neighborhood (Camden), we'll start out living in Philly/Center City because my girlfriend will be starting med school there this fall (hence, the move out to Philly area). Any words on PATCO vs. driving? Recommendations on neighborhoods in South Jersey or Philly?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

I only know a little about Cooper Hospital at Camden (had lectures there once a week during my psych rotation), but I can tell you that the library there has a lot of computers with internet access. Students who go to the med school there commute on the PATCO everyday from Philly its about 10-15 minutes or so, if you drive it will depend on the traffic. Although parking in Philly can be a pain as in any major city. That is all that I can contribute. I hope someone who is there can give you better insight.