COPE Health Solutions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k12123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there's anyone out there from SoCal who is doing or has heard about the program by COPE Health Solutions. If so, was it hard to get admitted? What should i expect on the interview? I'm looking at the one in Glendale Adventist Med Center. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there, I am a clinical care extender through COPE health solutions and I love it!!! I get direct patient contact experience, not just passing out water like some places. You volunteer a minimum of 48 hours per rotation and you rotate through several different departments. I am currently in Fast track ER my next rotation is main ED. After that I will have OR. You can observe procedures and ask questions. Shadowing is allowed as well. I thought the experience was awesome! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Im also a COPE intern, you get a lot of direct patient contact. Performing tasks such as taking vitals and feeding / bathing patients is the basic stuff. You also get more resposibility and get to experience cooler things as you gain experience (hrs and good standing) in the program.
Its not difficult at all to get in, as long as you are not a jerk, have good interview skills, and attend all traning. At least thats how it was at the Riverside Community Hospital

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone specifically has had a great experience as a CCE at Glendale Adventist Medical Center?

I've read the experience at Hoag is terrible so I'm wondering if Glendale is the same, or if maybe COPE has addressed these issues to offer a better experience here?

Thanks!!

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone specifically has had a great experience as a CCE at Glendale Adventist Medical Center?

I've read the experience at Hoag is terrible so I'm wondering if Glendale is the same, or if maybe COPE has addressed these issues to offer a better experience here?

Thanks!!

I thought you were already applying this year? Beefing up EC's in case you don't get in this year, or just looking for something to do?

I thought you were already applying this year? Beefing up EC's in case you don't get in this year, or just looking for something to do?

Yes I am applying this year but I am getting ready for reapplying next year.. so I would have to pump out 8 hours per week towards the end of this program if I do get into a school next summer, but that's OK. I just want to cover all my bases!!!

edit: and I like the idea of doing rotations and being able to shadow speciality docs since most of my clinical experience has been in primary care settings.