Coping with covid exposures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sliceofbread136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get anxious after an exposure? I can’t help but worry for my own health and the health of my family and friends who I could potentially spread it to.

Just venting, anyone else get similar feelings? Waiting for the negative test is the worst part. I know this is part of the job unfortunately, but it’s very draining mentally

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Yes I totally understand. Don’t be afraid to take whatever precautions are necessary to feel safe, even, or especially, if other people around you aren’t doing them. You should be getting the vaccine soon so being extra careful in the time until then should be easier.

Reactions: 1 users
Im exposed almost everyday. This is why i cancelled all thanksgiving and christmas plans.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get anxious after an exposure? I can’t help but worry for my own health and the health of my family and friends who I could potentially spread it to.

Just venting, anyone else get similar feelings? Waiting for the negative test is the worst part. I know this is part of the job unfortunately, but it’s very draining mentally
Yeah living in a COVID world just sucks... Nothing we can do other than do our best, including using precautions like handwashing. Wearing the whole gear when seeing patients with COVID, not going to work when you feel sick, and actually getting the vaccine when it is available. Even then, nothing is guaranteed, well nothing in life, or life itself, is not a guarantee either. Also if you are anxious about your family catching it, minimize the contact with them the best you can. the best is what you can do.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the first vaccine dose more than two weeks ago (Pfizer) so hopefully I have some protection...

I got the first vaccine dose more than two weeks ago (Pfizer) so hopefully I have some protection...
I talked about this in another thread but there seems to be pretty strong evidence that the vaccine is nearly fully effective within 10-14 days after the first dose. Check out the cumulative incidence curves buried in this FDA document:

Reactions: 2 users
My biggest fear is passing COVID on to my parents. I want to see them, and I would probably say that I need to see them sometimes because they're a big part of my support system. But if I ever got them sick I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

Reactions: 1 users