Cornell C/O 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dogsandcats22

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thought I would start a thread for Cornell. It is my instate but a bit of a reach but good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Cornell is my IS as well. Good luck to everyone, I am very nervous !!

anyone know when they'll be sending decisions?

anyone know when they'll be sending decisions?
I think last cycle, people were starting to get calls around Jan 3rd or 4th. Assuming it should be the same this cycle? Unless things might have changed.

I think last cycle, people were starting to get calls around Jan 3rd or 4th. Assuming it should be the same this cycle? Unless things might have changed.
hmm, I thought it would be sooner since they aren't doing interviews or anything. fingers crossed!

I’m applying as OOS, good luck to everyone! It seems like a wonderful school.

OOS but is honestly a long shot school, just though why not try

Hi everyone! Second time applicant here. Cornell is my IS school so I am very hopeful! Just want to let everyone know that last year we were notified of decisions the first week of the new year. Accepted applicants received a phone call and rejected applicants received an email to check their tracking page. Im not sure about waitlisted applicants since I was rejected, but I believe waitlisted also received an email. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Second time applicant here. Cornell is my IS school so I am very hopeful! Just want to let everyone know that last year we were notified of decisions the first week of the new year. Accepted applicants received a phone call and rejected applicants received an email to check their tracking page. Im not sure about waitlisted applicants since I was rejected, but I believe waitlisted also received an email. Good luck to everyone!
Geeze...that is a long time to wait! Best of luck this round!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all!! Second time IS applicant (rejected from Cornell last year), its all just a waiting game now! Good luck everyone!!

Hey!!! I am a first-time OOS applicant. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, any other DVM/PhD applicants here? Not sure how the application timeline is different compared to the DVM pool

Hi, any other DVM/PhD applicants here? Not sure how the application timeline is different compared to the DVM pool
I also applied to the combined degree! The website says that we should hear back about interviews after DVM decisions are made!

not sure if this has been posted somewhere in the past already but is there a class of 2025 (or any class) profile on their website somewhere of their accepted applicants?

not sure if this has been posted somewhere in the past already but is there a class of 2025 (or any class) profile on their website somewhere of their accepted applicants?

CCNELL.png

note GRE is no longer needed!

have the past few years decisions been sent the first week? I know in an earlier email in November they said the first or second week. I'm excited to see what they say :)

• Love
I think it's generally the first week of january, but I'm not sure how the 2 week extension will affect the timeline this year. Hopefully they still announce early!

Fall 2021 transcripts!?!

-Do we need to turn them in to the admissions office?
-If so, where do we send them?

Thanks all!

Fall 2021 transcripts!?!

-Do we need to turn them in to the admissions office?
-If so, where do we send them?

Thanks all!
They do not require fall transcripts, so don't worry :) Accepted students send in a Dean's Certification of good standing in March. Happy holidays!

have the past few years decisions been sent the first week? I know in an earlier email in November they said the first or second week. I'm excited to see what they say :)
The first business day after the new year is when cornell will start calling people with acceptances

OOS but is honestly a long shot school, just though why not try
Hi, my daughter applied to but it’s definitely a reach school for her. Do you mind sharing your stats and experiences please?

Hi, my daughter applied to but it’s definitely a reach school for her. Do you mind sharing your stats and experiences please?
I can share them later when I’ve got more time! I’m at work now, but I’ll try to send you a message later today some time!!

I can share them later when I’ve got more time! I’m at work now, but I’ll try to send you a message later today some time!!
Ok, thank you

Does anyone know if we should be expecting a phone call or an email? I have unknown callers screened so I really want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

Does anyone know if we should be expecting a phone call or an email? I have unknown callers screened so I really want to make sure I don’t miss anything.
Can you imagine the carnage if they only call once, and if they don't connect, you're off the list, and they move to the next person....

Is there no hope left for this week?
they said in the pre vet newsletter that results would be released the first or second week of Jan so I dont think this week is likely.

Also traditionally they will call you if you got an acceptance. Waitlist or denies are posted on the tracking page

Can you imagine the carnage if they only call once, and if they don't connect you're off the list, and they move to the next person....
That's not going to happen. A lot of people have jobs where they can't answer the phone, myself included. The admissions office knows this.

If you are accepted, they call. If you are waitlisted or rejected, they email.

Reactions: 3 users
Can you imagine the carnage if they only call once, and if they don't connect, you're off the list, and they move to the next person....
If you miss the call it doesn’t mean they give your spot away. You can either call back to confirm you were accepted or wait for the email that’ll come later saying you’re accepted

Keep in mind that might not be the 3rd,
with the Omicron surge, things could be delayed..., That said is very likely that the rank and decision were made before Christmas and the 2 weeks are just for admin stuff and waitlist ranking, etc.

Hey guys I'm a member of Cornell's DVM class of 2025, happy to answer any questions you may have. Best of luck to all 😀

Hey guys I'm a member of Cornell's DVM class of 2025, happy to answer any questions you may have. Best of luck to all 😀
Hi there, do you mind me asking what your stats were and experiences ? R u IS or OOS?

Hi there, do you mind me asking what your stats were and experiences ? R u IS or OOS?
I am OOS, and Cornell is one program that really does look at your whole picture which is nice.

I'd prefer not to share stats as it could induce some unnecessary anxiety or the opposite, because every year and every individual application is different

Reactions: 4 users
I'd prefer not to share stats as it could induce some unnecessary anxiety or the opposite, because every year and every individual application is different
Fair enough, thank you for being honest

Lets see cost of living In general / Rent / Gas / food etc ?
How much time for recreation have you had as of year 1?
Are you doing research ? if so how much time can you dedicate to it?
As an OOS person did you travel into Ithaca regional airport or drive up from a major nearby airport?
how was the moving in the experience? getting there finding a place settling in etc ...
How much clinical exposure can you get in year 1?

Thank you in advance.

As an OOS person did you travel into Ithaca regional airport or drive up from a major nearby airport?
how was the moving in the experience? getting there finding a place settling in etc ...

Thank you in advance.
Cost of living in general is pretty doable, rent usually 600-800 plus utilities.
I am from MA, so I drove which was easy. I responded to 2 then 3rd years looking for housemates on the class FB group. My house is in a great spot and right next to a recreation path which is lovely.
I am not doing research but plan to in the near future.
You have what we call block 7A from day one, which is the physical exam course. You'll get hands on experience with dogs, cats, horses and cows right away.
The first class (Block 1) is very challenging and time consuming for most students. Don't expect to have much time for recreation during this class. It does get better after block 1 though. I recommend getting to Ithaca a week or two before school if you come here, so you can actually experience and enjoy it before block 1.

Cost of living in general is pretty doable, rent usually 600-800 plus utilities.
I am from MA, so I drove which was easy. I responded to 2 then 3rd years looking for housemates on the class FB group. My house is in a great spot and right next to a recreation path which is lovely.
I am not doing research but plan to in the near future.
You have what we call block 7A from day one, which is the physical exam course. You'll get hands on experience with dogs, cats, horses and cows right away.
The first class (Block 1) is very challenging and time consuming for most students. Don't expect to have much time for recreation during this class. It does get better after block 1 though. I recommend getting to Ithaca a week or two before school if you come here, so you can actually experience and enjoy it before block 1.
Thank you!

Thank you in advance.
Hi! I am also in Cornell’s class of 2025 and just wanted to further comment on research opportunities. Cornell has plenty of research opportunities, including VIP and Leadership summer programs (which are paid). If you find a project that you are interested in, you can reach out to that faculty member and conduct research during your distribution periods for credit. I did the VIP program the summer before my first semester and will be doing parasitology related research this semester and am super excited!!