Cornell C/O 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me waiting for the call like
Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC
Me praying my phone doesn’t vibrate when I’m in an appointment

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

4.0 GPA
~900 vet hours (mainly small animal w/ some others mixed in)
~2000 animal hours (pet sitting, other jobs/volunteering, some large animal stuff through undergrad/research)
~150 research hours
+ jobs/extracurriculars that weren't vet or animal related

I'd be happy to share more details via PM if anyone wants.

4.0 GPA
~900 vet hours (mainly small animal w/ some others mixed in)
~2000 animal hours (pet sitting, other jobs/volunteering, some large animal stuff through undergrad/research)
~150 research hours
+ jobs/extracurriculars that weren't vet or animal related

I'd be happy to share more details via PM if anyone wants.
The gpa makes me cry. Anyone got a lower gpa with LOADS of small animal vet hours and other animal hours

Reactions: 2 users
The gpa makes me cry. Anyone got a lower gpa with LOADS of small animal vet hours and other animal hours
I hesitated posting for that reason :( Please don't compare yourself though, if you look at past threads there were plenty of admitted students of a wide range of GPAs/hours!! They really do look at the individual and in a holistic way I think!

I hesitated posting for that reason :( Please don't compare yourself though, if you look at past threads there were plenty of admitted students of a wide range of GPAs/hours!! They really do look at the individual and in a holistic way I think!
I know, I know. And I know my experiences are there (shadowing at one clinic. Working at another, zoo keepe, pet sitting) I just stress

Just did a test call to my cell with a landline and it turns out the reception at my house is so bad that non-iphone calls aren't even registering as received. Guess I won't be hearing from them either way today!😭😭

NEVERMIND I JUST GOT THE CALL!! OOS ACCEPTANCE!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Yay to everyone who got accepted hopefully we’ll be classmates! Do you guys think you’re gonna accept it or are you waiting on other schools? I still am waiting on 6 other schools but I’m like 99.9% sure I’ll be going to Cornell unless somehow a school offers me a scholarship package.

OOS Acceptance!! I can't believe it! I also applied to the combined DVM/Ph.D. program so now I have to wait for that! I am also being interviewed at Penn vet, North Carolina, and Illinois for their combined degree so I am going to wait, but I'm 90% sure I am going to Cornell unless I get into the combined degree at Penn and not at Cornell!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tell you what: not hopeful!

• Care
  • Sad
Have people who’ve been accepted been primarily in the eastern time zone or is there not really a pattern?

Yay to everyone who got accepted hopefully we’ll be classmates! Do you guys think you’re gonna accept it or are you waiting on other schools? I still am waiting on 6 other schools but I’m like 99.9% sure I’ll be going to Cornell unless somehow a school offers me a scholarship package.
Would you please share your stats and experiences ?

Would you please share your stats and experiences ?
Sure! My cumulative gpa is a 3.8 & science is around a 3.6, but I’m graduating in may so it may fluctuate. I have worked 2 jobs at both an animal hospital and animal shelter for all the years in undergraduate. In addition, I did a lot of volunteering for different species (equine, farm & exotics). I have also worked with an holistic veterinarian and an at home euthanasia veterinarian. I have no research so that’s why I really thought I was going to get denied but here we are lol! I also had 12 credits of outstanding pre reqs so that also got me nervous
All together I had like 1500 vet hours, 3000 animal hours

Is it time to start losing hope if we haven't heard anything yet?

Is it time to start losing hope if we haven't heard anything yet?
Calls can go out all night and tomorrow too. It all depends on who was assigned to call you and their schedule

Trying to stay positive! I know people who were called the second day last year. Hoping for the best for all of us♥️

Reactions: 3 users
They should send rejections first and then call all accepted...

They should send rejections first and then call all accepted...
I agree, I have an interview with a reach school and I’m trying to prepare but waiting for a phone call is very distracting and very anxiety inducing when I’m banking on doing well on my interview since I’ve only had rejections so far.

I agree, I have an interview with a reach school and I’m trying to prepare but waiting for a phone call is very distracting and very anxiety inducing when I’m banking on doing well on my interview since I’ve only had rejections so far.
Exactly, is not fair to leave some people under false hope anxious all day... But it is what it is I guess... do try to forget about this and focus on that interview... best of luck.

OOS accepted! Non-trad prospective student. 29 years old, military background. Excited but also scared. Legitimately cannot believe it. This was my shoot for the stars school. Congrats to those of you who have been accepted so far and good luck to those still waiting to hear.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS accepted! Non-trad prospective student. 29 years old, military background. Excited but also scared. Legitimately cannot believe it. This was my shoot for the stars school. Congrats to those of you who have been accepted so far and good luck to those still waiting to hear.
Congrats! Are you eastern time zone?

Can you please share your stats and experiences?

Congrats! Are you eastern time zone?
Yes eastern time. I was at work and saw I had a missed call at 11:50 took a quick break and had a voice-mail from a veterinarian at cornell. Called back ... honestly I thought they were going to tell me I was rejected. Thought I was going to pass out or openly weep lol never would have lived that down

Starting to feel very defeated in this whole process as I also got rejected from CSU today and nothing from Cornell. The anxiety from applying has been so rough. Hopefully I’ll get some good news my way soon. :/

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Exactly, is not fair to leave some people under false hope anxious all day... But it is what it is I guess... do try to forget about this and focus on that interview... best of luck.
Thanks! And yeah definitely. I get that this is what the process is and we have to show persistence but can’t deny it doesn’t feel good to be rejected or even waiting lol.

Can you please share your stats and experiences?
Sure.
-3.49 undergrad GPA (Physics)
-3.7 grad GPA (biology, online)
-vet experience: 600 hour internship at a single doctor small animal clinic as part of a military transition program
-animal experience: fostering with humane society, volunteering doing socialization and kennel maintenence at local shelter probably a combined 300 hours, approximately 200 hours with special forces canines, currently volunteering at a livestock rescue farm on weekends.
-other work experience: 6 years active duty military in the cavalry; currently in military reserves and I work as a diesel mechanic for my civilian job

Cannot believe I've been given this chance. It's been a long way round. Oh and I got 2 rejections before this (washington state and Virginia-maryland)lol

Last edited:
Anyone know how many OOS people they usually accept? I’m starting to get nervous

Sure.
-vet experience: 600 hour internship at a single doctor small animal clinic as part of a military transition program
-animal experience: fostering with humane society, volunteering doing socialization and kennel maintenence at local shelter probably a combined 300 hours, approximately 200 hours with special forces canines, currently volunteering at a livestock rescue farm on weekends.
-other work experience: 6 years active duty military in the cavalry; currently in military reserves and I work as a diesel mechanic for my civilian job

Cannot believe I've been given this chance. It's been a long way round. Oh and I got 2 rejections before this (washington state and Virginia-maryland)lol
Congrats! Thank you for your service! Cornell is lucky to have you! Fingers crossed to hear something tonight or tomorrow! :)

Last edited:
Starting to feel very defeated in this whole process as I also got rejected from CSU today and nothing from Cornell. The anxiety from applying has been so rough. Hopefully I’ll get some good news my way soon. :/
I’m right there with you. Praying we get good news. 🤞🏼

Sure.

Wow, that’s amazing. I’m so glad for you. Good luck with vet school. Thank you for sharing your stats and experiences

I want the call so badly 😭 or for them to just put me out of my misery and email

• Care
Does anyone know how late they call for the day?