Cornell C/O 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how late they call for the day?
The past two cycles I’ve seen people get calls as late as 8p. I think it just depends on the person calling.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Thank you for your service! Cornell is lucky to have you! Fingers crossed to hear something tonight or tomorrow! :)

Thank you. Sending positive thoughts your way, hope you get the call SOON!

Wow, that’s amazing. I’m so glad for you. Good luck with vet school. Thank you for sharing your stats and experiences

Thank you I really appreciate it. Hope I can keep up with all the traditionals. Wishing you the best of luck as well

DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many OOS people they accept???

Congrats to everyone accepted today!! Can't wait to meet those of you that end up choosing Cornell! ❤

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Are there any current students out there that actually got a call on the second day? I'm feeling like that is not going to happen for me now.

Are there any current students out there that actually got a call on the second day? I'm feeling like that is not going to happen for me now.
Absolutely!
And even if you're not accepted this cycle, that doesn't define you as a person and certainly doesn't mean you won't be a veterinarian!

• Care
Well is almost 9 PM EST Good luck to everyone tomorrow... and for those of us that are waiting for Black Wednesday, there is always the next cycle.

OOS accepted!!! Literally just called at 8:50pm EST. I am shocked!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Can you please share your stats and experiences?
Sure!

Overall GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 3.87
Veterinary Hours: ~700 (All SA)
Animal Hours: ~300 (LA + Avian)
Research: 4 semesters, 1 grant awarded
Cornell undergraduate, so that possibly helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright second day of calls! Would love to hear if anyone gets a call today to know they are actually doing them

Reactions: 5 users
I'm very worried they're not doing 2 days. Apparently some years it's only 1 day.
It honestly probably depends on the schedules of people making the calls and schedules change. And even if on past threads you don’t see any calls on day 2, don’t forget not everyone knows about SDN to be on here and share

Reactions: 7 users
OOS Acceptance Just got a Call!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
not me getting a phone call from a solicitor today is simply not the day

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
OOS acceptance!! Got the call at 11:00 AM

Reactions: 4 users
Has everyone who’s been getting acceptances been called by a New York area code and have they always left a message?

Has anyones portals changed based on acceptance? Mine asks for a deans certification which apparently Is only for accepted students but my phone has been off and I don't know if I've gotten any missed calls (my phone doesn't notify me of missed calls when off for some reason).
Thanks!

Has anyones portals changed based on acceptance? Mine asks for a deans certification which apparently Is only for accepted students but my phone has been off and I don't know if I've gotten any missed calls (my phone doesn't notify me of missed calls when off for some reason).
Thanks!
Unfortunately the deans certification has always been there so it’s not an indication of acceptance

Thanks!
P sure the certification thingy has always been there

I just got a scam caller and I about died sooo not that happy for the hope for a second😡

I think about 20-25 people between SDN and Facebook have posted about their acceptances (trying to account for overlap) which is a lot in my opinion for a class of about 100-125 since not everyone posts on these forums. I hate to admit it to myself but I think the calls with be far and few from here. I had really high hopes but I know there’s a chance I can still be waitlisted and eventually get in. I saw a few people post that they have heard from other big schools as well, and at the end of the day they can only choose one, so I’m hoping for those of us who applied elsewhere we all will end up somewhere even if it isn’t Cornell.

• Care
I think about 20-25 people between SDN and Facebook have posted about their acceptances (trying to account for overlap) which is a lot in my opinion for a class of about 100-125 since not everyone posts on these forums. I hate to admit it to myself but I think the calls with be far and few from here. I had really high hopes but I know there’s a chance I can still be waitlisted and eventually get in. I saw a few people post that they have heard from other big schools as well, and at the end of the day they can only choose one, so I’m hoping for those of us who applied elsewhere we all will end up somewhere even if it isn’t Cornell.
There’s a FB group?

Well. I have officially lost all hope honestly. Best chance I have is a waitlist.

• Sad
  • Care
They're still calling!!! just got a call OOS acceptance

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
We’ll I’m not only stressing about this Cornell call cuz my dad just tested positive for Covid and my mom prob has it too. Sooo I’m feeling quite stressed now😢

We’ll I’m not only stressing about this Cornell call cuz my dad just tested positive for Covid and my mom prob has it too. Sooo I’m feeling quite stressed now😢
If they are vaccinated, and especially if it is Omicron, they are going to be fine.

I’m sorry!! I hope you can find some distractions to ease the stress and I hope your family is okay, that is really stressful.

For now just deep breaths and maybe a cup of tea or hot chocolate??

I’m sorry!! I hope you can find some distractions to ease the stress and I hope your family is okay, that is really stressful.

For now just deep breaths and maybe a cup of tea or hot chocolate??
They’re symptoms aren’t terrible right now at least. And I don’t feel a thing. Im just more worried about an interview with a school on friday after multiple rejections. Im hoping I don’t have any symptoms until at least Friday afternoon😂 if at all.

• Care
They’re symptoms aren’t terrible right now at least. And I don’t feel a thing. Im just more worried about an interview with a school on friday after multiple rejections. Im hoping I don’t have any symptoms until at least Friday afternoon😂 if at all.
Take it easy and rest as much as you can. Honestly don’t be afraid to keep water or tea with you if you’re starting to feel eh. And a lot of schools if you find a breakdown of how much the interviews affect you’re “score” or “ranking” it’s usually about 10-15%

OOS Acceptance! Got the call around 5:30pm.

Reactions: 7 users
I am just patiently waiting for the rejection email of death.

• Sad
I just want to say congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance. To those of us who haven’t, I pray we get waitlisted or find peace with a rejection as there is something better out there, waiting for us. There’s always next cycle as well. ❤️

• Care
I just want to say congratulations to everyone who has received an acceptance. To those of us who haven’t, I pray we get waitlisted or find peace with a rejection as there is something better out there, waiting for us. There’s always next cycle as well. ❤️
Yes as torturous as a waitlist will still be a softer blow than a flat-out rejection.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m also hopeful that maybe my daughter can potentially be waitlisted since she hasn’t gotten a phone call .

Does anyone here who’s been accepted have a GPA that’s midrange? Seems like Cornell loves the super high GPAs and research….which I do expect since it’s literally CORNELL lol. I just don’t have either so trying to make myself feel better 😂

• Care
Does anyone here who’s been accepted have a GPA that’s midrange? Seems like Cornell loves the super high GPAs and research….which I do expect since it’s literally CORNELL lol. I just don’t have either so trying to make myself feel better 😂
I’m not sure what you consider midrange, but I had a 3.7 GPA and NO research but still got OOS accepted :)

Reactions: 1 users