cornell december acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Josh1105

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know (approximately) what the latest interview date you could have would be to still receive a december acceptance? According to mdapplicatnts, these were sent out around 12/20 last year, but I'm wondering if a december acceptance would be possible with an interview the first week of december? Any ideas based on experience?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answer to that, but along the same lines: does anyone know how many ppl get accepted in December? One of the med students at my interview said it was only about 10 ppl.

i don't even know the point of the "select few" december acceptances...the only logical explanation is that they want all of us on the edge of sanity to be pushed over! :scared: i can picture myself now, compulsively checking my email/snail mail/voicemail in late december, forgetting all about christmas! ahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know the reason they do this?

To boost the egos even further for the chosen few and to keep everyone else obsessed.

southpaux said:
anyone know the reason they do this?

I don't know the reason, but it kind of makes sense. Most schools, rolling or non-rolling, will have interviewed at least a few applicants that they are certain they are going to accept, regardless of what the rest of the pool looks like. Therefore, why not accept them early, make them feel special, and give them more time to convince themselves that Cornell is the place for them. This way, by the time March rolls around and ppl are getting acceptances at the other top schools, these applicants that Cornell really wants have gotten used to the idea that they are going to Cornell, and therefore may be more inclined to go there? Just my $.02.

diosa428 said:
I don't know the reason, but it kind of makes sense. Most schools, rolling or non-rolling, will have interviewed at least a few applicants that they are certain they are going to accept, regardless of what the rest of the pool looks like. Therefore, why not accept them early, make them feel special, and give them more time to convince themselves that Cornell is the place for them. This way, by the time March rolls around and ppl are getting acceptances at the other top schools, these applicants that Cornell really wants have gotten used to the idea that they are going to Cornell, and therefore may be more inclined to go there? Just my $.02.

hadn't thought of this.....but not a bad theory. not at all. a very cheap recruitment tool. ive been accepted to a few schools at this point, and although they are not my top choices, ive begun to picture myself at these schools and have gotten comfortable with the idea of spending my next four years there. i bet that if were accepted to two schools that I liked equally, but one accepted me several months in advance of the other i'd develop a preference for that school.