Cornell December Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elliotreed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone if Cornell has done their December acceptances yet? Did I miss it? I was just wondering...do I have to wait till the Spring to get rejected/accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone on SDN heard from Cornell's December accetance batch? Anyone in the MD route?

Is this for early decision people? From what I understood, Cornell doesn't make any decisions until March (probably to coordinate with Columbia).

Members don't see this ad :)
Cornell does make some december decisions...but you're right that most come in March. Still, it's possible a SDN-er heard already

I'm interested in this too. It seems that it was right around this time last year that they gave out a select few acceptances. If anyone hears anything within the next few days, please share with us!

I know I am still hoping for a Cornell email this December...I know its unlikely but one can hope!

Do you know that it's an email, not a letter? Just wondering. I'm still waiting too.

It was sent through email last year, according to the threads.

Hmmm...Thanks for the info. Now I know the proper way to continue my obsessing. Ha!

hey guys, just curious - about how long after you were complete did you get your interview invites from Cornell?

hey guys, just curious - about how long after you were complete did you get your interview invites from Cornell?

I got my invite the day after I asked them for it. I have no idea how long it would've taken otherwise. If only the other schools could be so accomodating.

I had forgotten about the Dec accepts, but this thread sparked my curiosity...so I called the admin office and asked. They have not gone out yet, but will go either tmrw or fri (they're not sure when yet, bc theyre not finished preparing them) and the lady emphasized again that they only notify a very small percentage of people....regardless, I thought I'd let you all know it hasn't passed yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, thanks for taking the plunge and calling the admissions office.

I'll be on the edge of my seat (needlessly) until someone posts that they got the email within the next day or two!

bump... still waitin' to hear about this... anyone?

Thanks for calling, Lolita. I guess decisions haven't gone out today, yet, either...

I really want to get an email from them or at least someone else to so that I can stop checking my damn email this break

I really want to get an email from them or at least someone else to so that I can stop checking my damn email this break

I hear ya on that one...I'm hoping for the same.

Is it possible the emails have been sent and the acceptances went to people who don't use SDN? I SO want to hear from Cornell....but I don't think it will happen.

if you search mdapps the only Cornell acceptances have been to PhD/MD dual candidates... so hold tight MDers.

Ok, now that I've read this thread, I can't stop thinking about that small tiny possibility (though highly unlikely) that I could hear. Sigh, and I swore I wouldn't be a compulsive email checking type! :)

I just did a search and it seems like every year about 5-7 SDNers hear back for the **normal MD** route...so I think it's prob unlikely that they were sent and nobody on this forum happened to be in that batch. Does anyone else want to try calling and see if they get a more detailed answer than I got?

I had forgotten about the Dec accepts, but this thread sparked my curiosity...so I called the admin office and asked. They have not gone out yet, but will go either tmrw or fri (they're not sure when yet, bc theyre not finished preparing them) and the lady emphasized again that they only notify a very small percentage of people....regardless, I thought I'd let you all know it hasn't passed yet.

I am guessing it will be friday then...because seems like no one got them today

Congratulations! I am jealous!

Can you tell me your stats? Like GPA, MCAT stuff? I hope I can get in this spring.

I just got accepted this morning!!!

After getting rejected by tufts, this sure felt good. I thought Cornell wasn't rolling though??

I just got accepted this morning!!!

After getting rejected by tufts, this sure felt good. I thought Cornell wasn't rolling though??

OH sorry, just read the above entries. I understand the admissions process now. So out of curiosity, how many are gonna take this acceptance?