cornell interview pending email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Outer Space

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
People with Cornell interviews:

when that email ( "THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION FOR YOU TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW. You will receive an invitation and be given a choice of dates at least two weeks prior to the first date among the choices offered to you."), how long did it take for you to get an actual date email - did they send it by email or mail? And does anyone know how far ahead the interviews are booked at cornell at the moment? (ie october, or are they already into november?)

any help would be appreciated,

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Outer Space,
I assume you got such an e-mail.... when was your file complete at Cornell? I am anxiously awaiting some kind of news.
Thanks!

but getting that email means that you are invited to an interview right?

they wouldn't just send that to everyone who applied

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Grumpy Bear
Outer Space,
I assume you got such an e-mail.... when was your file complete at Cornell? I am anxiously awaiting some kind of news.
Thanks!

My file was complete on July 29th, and I go the email on Sept 23rd, way after a bunch of people got theirs. So it's pretty random, unless it's like their second picks or something.
Funny thing, I called them a day before I received the letter and asked them if they had any info on my file, and the secretary answered really tensely "there has been no decision yet."

I never saw the "NOT AN INVITATION" email you are referring to. I only got an email w/ subject: "Schedule your Weill Cornell Interview." It listed 6 dates and said whether morning, afternoon, or both are available. I got the email on 9/9 and the date range offered was 10/1 - 10/16. Hope this helps.