Cornell: online basic sciences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Somebody told me that Cornell is 100% online for the basic sciences if you want to go that route.

I'm calling BS on that.

Who is right?

I'm sure they post some stuff online including lectures and notes, but this guy said that the school is 100% online meaning you take tests over the internet and never go to class, labs or anything. In other words, he is saying you can complete the first 2 years while living in Montana and never going to the Cornell campus

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by MacGyver
Somebody told me that Cornell is 100% online for the basic sciences if you want to go that route.

I'm calling BS on that.

Who is right?

I'm sure they post some stuff online including lectures and notes, but this guy said that the school is 100% online meaning you take tests over the internet and never go to class, labs or anything. In other words, he is saying you can complete the first 2 years while living in Montana and never going to the Cornell campus

uhhh, i'd like to think i've done extensive research on the school, since, like, i'm going there this fall and stuff :p, and yes, thats pretty much total BS. first off, the school incorporates a fair amount of pbl into the curriculum so you pretty much have to go to that at least three mornings a week. ok, i'm not even going to go into all of it, but suffice it to say your friend is quite wrong ;)

Heh, on-line labs. That would be interesting.