SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

cornell secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Milhouse Van Houten, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2000
    i received a secondary from cornell without having my app processed. the email they sent says "we look forward to receiving a copy of your printed amcas application..."
    does this mean that we are sending a xerox copy in, or were they referring to the ones amcas is sending the schools.

also, for some reason my printer won't print this secondary. never had this problem with any other. any advice? anyone with the same problem? thank you.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. E'01

E'01 1K Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 26, 2001
    NY
    petros - they want a copy of the AMCAS application (you must mail it in to them)

4. actually they are referring to the amcas verified copy...they are saying we look forward to getting the amcas copy...

If I remember correctly, Cornell said DONT send them a copy :D

5. E'01

Jun 26, 2001
    NY
    Whatcha - I got the following 2 emails from Cornell:

Greetings!
    AMCAS has sent us preliminary information on your application, indicating your interest in being considered for admission to the 2002 entering class at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
    Though your application has not been verified by AMCAS, we have decided to inform you how to continue the application process at our medical college. You must submit a Supplemental Information Sheet (SIS), available as a pdf file at www.med.cornell.edu/education/admissions/forms (the password is 'admissions'). There are two forms on this site, the application and instructions. Both forms should be downloaded.
    Please read the instructions carefully and let us know if you have any questions. Further admissions related information is available on our web site at www.med.cornell.edu, under the Education heading.
    We look forward to receiving your SIS, a copy of your printed AMCAS application and the letters of evaluation necessary to complete our part of the application. Should there be any need for additional information about you not yet provided by AMCAS (i.e., MCAT scores), we will contact you by e-mail.
    We appreciate your interest, patience and cooperation in these difficult circumstances.
    Sincerely,
    Office of Admissions
    Telephone 212-746-1067
    e-mail: [email protected]
    pdf file url: www.med.cornell.edu/education/admissions/forms

AND

Hello,

The only part of the email that you need to pay attention to is sending in
    a copy of your AMCAS application if you haven't already.

That same afternoon (9/14), I got an email asking me to pick an interview date.

6. medical22

medical22 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2001
    The pdf file states that only students applying to the MD/PhD program should complete the SIS. But the e-mail says that I should complete it. I am only applying for MD. Can someone please clear this up? Their deadline is Oct. 15.

E'01...that is so weird. How were you called for an interview before they received any of your other info? What are you going to do?

7. elle

elle Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 17, 2001
    Hey folks,
    if you didn't get an email specifically saying to send a copy of your AMCAS, should you anyway? I don't know if it's an oversight or if it says on the website or something else that I've overlooked.
    Thanks!
    :)

8. Daredevil

Daredevil Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2001
    NY
    The email explicitly says that they want the PRINTED AMCAS application (from us). SIS application is for all the applicants, not just the MD/phD applicants.

9. E'01

Jun 26, 2001
    NY
    medical 22 I mailed in the secondary after someone posted the link on SDN. That was August 8th. Then on 9/13 I got an email giving me the link and telling me to apply. So then I panicked and emailed Cornell apologizing for mailing in the sec. beforehand. They said no problem and just told me to mail in an AMCAS copy (they said that they had everything else). Later that afternoon I got the interview email