• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
  • Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Mar 5, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
EDIT: I'm new to SDN and realized there was a better place to post this. I couldn't find out how to delete the forum post and imagine that's because a moderator with more access has to do it.

Hello,

I did poorly (in my opinion) on my Boston University interview, so I was very surprised to have been accepted and given a scholarship today. My girlfriend will be living in the Boston area and my brother will be nearby.

Before today, because I did poorly on BU's interview and almost all my other schools had rejected me, I decided to write a letter of intent to Cornell and hopefully up my chances of getting in. I have not received any decision from Cornell, and it seems like they may not send those out until after March 12.

I know that makes my comparison pre-emptive, but my pre-med advisor recommended that I be honest with Cornell and tell them, "I submitted this letter of intent when I had no acceptances from other schools. I would like to be transparent and let you know that I do have one other acceptance with a scholarship now." She said they could decide what to do with that information... (Is that a sketchy thing to email?) I really want to understand the differences between Cornell and BU very well before I do anything. If I do end up liking BU more, I would want to send that email before Cornell makes their decision since that seems more honorable to me then backing out of a letter of intent.

Based on the interview days alone, Cornell stood out more to me. I also had the merit of meeting some great M4 students through Cornell's interview day, though. The BU students I interacted with were subpar, but the information session was very appealing.

I am interested in the arts, philosophy, and pedagogy (hoping to become a clinician-educator), so I want a school that has opportunities for me to pursue those fields too.

Thoughts?

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.