doctor-to-be

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2005
Status
Any thoughts on Cornell vs Yale vs BID vs UWash vs UCLA.. speaking purely of programs, locations aside.

Thanks!!

Coco_Nut

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2004
Status
This is my personal impression of these programs; I interviewed at some. And I know people who have been to all, except for Cornell.

UWash - I have never met anyone who was a resident there or interviewed there that was not impressed with the place.
BID - People are happy here and have a good educational experience
Cornell - I can only give you cliches
Yale - I can only tell you my friend likes it there and thinks the education is great.
UCLA - Lots of tertiary care. The children of Southern California love it here and UCLA loves them. Fellowships - vast majority end up in "So-Cal"

In the end, these 5 are probably not that different in terms of your future prospects after residency.

doctor-to-be said:
Any thoughts on Cornell vs Yale vs BID vs UWash vs UCLA.. speaking purely of programs, locations aside.

Thanks!!

yomanjr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
All beautiful and outstanding programs! I had to really think about this but in the end, 1) UW 2) UCLA 3) Cornell 4) BID 5) Yale

2 and 3 are close but UCLA seems to have a little more autonomy which shoudl help your training. You can't go wrong. :luck: