Cornell vs Yale vs BID vs UWash vs UCLA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor-to-be

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Cornell vs Yale vs BID vs UWash vs UCLA.. speaking purely of programs, locations aside.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

This is my personal impression of these programs; I interviewed at some. And I know people who have been to all, except for Cornell.

UWash - I have never met anyone who was a resident there or interviewed there that was not impressed with the place.
BID - People are happy here and have a good educational experience
Cornell - I can only give you cliches
Yale - I can only tell you my friend likes it there and thinks the education is great.
UCLA - Lots of tertiary care. The children of Southern California love it here and UCLA loves them. Fellowships - vast majority end up in "So-Cal"

In the end, these 5 are probably not that different in terms of your future prospects after residency.

doctor-to-be said:
Any thoughts on Cornell vs Yale vs BID vs UWash vs UCLA.. speaking purely of programs, locations aside.

Thanks!!

All beautiful and outstanding programs! I had to really think about this but in the end, 1) UW 2) UCLA 3) Cornell 4) BID 5) Yale

2 and 3 are close but UCLA seems to have a little more autonomy which shoudl help your training. You can't go wrong. :luck: