cornell waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, so caliboy heard, which means that they're starting to move. anyone else hear anything?

caliboy: congrats, did you get an email? were there other people on the list?

thanks

is anyone else going nuts over the cornell waitlist???

i applied there EDP almost one year ago, interviewed on 9/12, deferred on 9/30, and waitlisted mid-march. this one has truly taken years off my life.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the wait list also and am pretty anxious because Cornell has been my top choice from the get-go. I wonder how they are notifying people, if its by phone then I will pretty nervous going home tonight. Good luck all!

There must have been quite a few. ec37 was accepted today too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks choker!

The acceptance was an e-mail. Mine did not show any other e-mail addresses on it, so I don't know how many other people were accepted today. They will definitely be accepting more people, though...it's not even the 15th yet.

Good luck!!

oh god i want in off that list!!!

congrats guys!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by choker:
•oh god i want in off that list!!!

congrats guys!•••••Thanks for the info Caliboy and again, congrats!!

Choker, have you sent in letters telling them how much you want to attend? Who did you send them to? Have you gotten any responses?

I have sent in four letters, all to different people and have only heard back from one. He was pretty positive though.

while i wont go into detail about how much i have been whoring myself to these schools, let's just say that i've been writing many many letters and sending in lots and lots of additional information among other things. no responses, just "no movement till may 15."

i guess their calenders are a few days ahead.

I really want to hear from Cornell as well. To those who were accepted today, did you write letters of intent/will definitely matriculate if accepted, or did you have your advisor call?

Just wondering what helps...

Did all the Cornell wait list movement happen yesterday? Or are people being pulled today too?

Yo guys, hang in there! I hope it pulls through with the waitlist. Good luck - Keep on posting.

I actually got the email sometime during last night...but saw it today. I wrote a letter of interest only after I was waitlisted and I was surprised because compared to the columbia letter I wrote it had much much softer language (I never said it was my first choice or that I would go if accepted) just an update of what I have been doing and accomplished since my interview. I was pretty sure I was set on going to columbia, particularly after revisit weekend but I just got off the phone with housing (because I was trying for couples housing with my long term boyfriend) and was told I have a 33% chance of getting it, which is a far cry from the garunteed I was told when I interviewed and revisited. So I can't believe I am saying this but they are both amazing schools so it might be coming down to housing....it just sucks because my boyfriend almost did his fellowship at memorial but turned them down for boston when I heard that I probably wasn't goig to get in :mad:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by trout:
•I actually got the email sometime during last night...but saw it today. I wrote a letter of interest only after I was waitlisted and I was surprised because compared to the columbia letter I wrote it had much much softer language (I never said it was my first choice or that I would go if accepted) just an update of what I have been doing and accomplished since my interview. I was pretty sure I was set on going to columbia, particularly after revisit weekend but I just got off the phone with housing (because I was trying for couples housing with my long term boyfriend) and was told I have a 33% chance of getting it, which is a far cry from the garunteed I was told when I interviewed and revisited. So I can't believe I am saying this but they are both amazing schools so it might be coming down to housing....it just sucks because my boyfriend almost did his fellowship at memorial but turned them down for boston when I heard that I probably wasn't goig to get in :mad: •••••Geez that stinks. So do you have to make your decision by tomorrow? Have you contacted Cornell and talked to them? Good luck with everything!

So I guess everybody heard yesterday. I wonder if they will have another round of acceptances later this week.

Columbia actually allows you to hold more than one acceptance, plus I would never make a decision without seeing financial aid packages...so they are mailing letters with my mail it will take about 3 weeks :wink: It is funny though, cornell has always been SO SO nice, I just called them to ask to sit through a class and I got total attitude, like it was some closed society....we can't do that?@#$ so I talked to the head liliana who is going to try and set it up...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by trout:
•Columbia actually allows you to hold more than one acceptance•••••they do? i wonder why that is.

:)