Corona Virus: Idiot things people are doing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I personally think that after next year we will just learn to live with it. Because if it’s still around to the same degree this time next year, then it will always be around. It may be that we just have a normalized vaccine schedule that everyone follows (every 6 months or a year) with the vaccines tweaked to the most prevalent variant. Also, while testing is good, it probably needs to be switched to symptomatic testing at some point. For the majority of the population that has been fully vaccinated and boosted, even if you get it, chances are it will not require hospitalization. The testing is creating mass hysteria. If we constantly tested for other types viral load on asymptomatic people every day, who knows what we would find.

I think if we can come up with a regular vaccination schedule, switch to symptomatic testing (and testing for high risk groups), and have a good supply of the treatment pills, we can be ok (and get back to a new “normal”). Also, I for one will continue to mask up, especially during winter or in crowded places probably for the rest of my life.
That is only true so long as it does not cause overconsumption of healthcare resources. This disease is not like other random viruses because when people get sick from it enough to be in the hospital they are there for much longer. If they hit the ICU it is months of resource consumption. If it mutates and hits a ton of people to fill up the ICUs and there is no rationing directive from the powers that be then healthcare system collapses again.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Shoot our % positivity went from 5% to 25% to 35%. That is three consecutive weeks!

Really hope this really isn’t as virulent. I kinda thought everything pretty much already had COVID in my area.

Shoot our % positivity went from 5% to 25% to 35%. That is three consecutive weeks!

Really hope this really isn’t as virulent. I kinda thought everything pretty much already had COVID in my area.

Our ERs and outpatient clinics are getting slammed now, everybody and there mom's wanting a test (most completely asymptomatic). Well, I hope nobody really gets sick this week. What a sad state of affairs.