Corporate Hospital Job Vs Clinical Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeykey

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to get a job that is healthcare related to improve my application. I am considering getting either a clinical or a corporate hospital job as an analyst since I have a business degree. The corporate hospital jobs will probably pay me 2x what a clinical job would but I believe this wouldn't add as much value to the my app and might be seen as less favorable. Would a corporate job at a hospital even help my app? What is the consensus on this? @Goro @LizzyM

Members don't see this ad.

I want to get a job that is healthcare related to improve my application. I am considering getting either a clinical or a corporate hospital job as an analyst since I have a business degree. The corporate hospital jobs will probably pay me 2x what a clinical job would but I believe this wouldn't add as much value to the my app and might be seen as less favorable. Would a corporate job at a hospital even help my app? What is the consensus on this? @Goro @LizzyM
Employment is good, but you need:

Patient contact experience
Nonclinical volunteering'
shadowing.

So no, your job won't help in the regards as to what you need to be a competitive applicant to med school.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as you have had clinical experience and shadowing, the corporate job may give you a different perspective that will make you less of a cookie cutter applicant and pay you more money, win-win.

It is also a better fall-back, I think, if you have to reapply or if you end up needing an alternative career.

Reactions: 1 user