corrections in 2001 dentaldecks-need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need ur help guys. I have 2001 decks and haven't made the corrections that the decks website has updated. But now as they released 2004 decks they removed the '2001decks corrections' page from their website. I called them regarding this, they told it is obsolete! Now I am helpless:( ...If any one of you had stored the page in ur pc..pls send it to me:clap: ..or kindly post it here. Thanks in advance:clap:
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Hi buddy:
Are you talking about part-1 or 2?? I have an old correction for part-1,but I do not know which year is it .do you want me to e-mail it to you??

HI SAM ,if u can post the corrections here or in the sticky thread it will help everyone,dont u think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure I wanted to do so,but this was the message I got when I tried to do it :

"You have attempted to upload an invalid type of attachment. The valid extensions for attachments are: gif jpg png bmp jpeg pdf "

Green emerald come onnnnnnnnnn I already told you am a good boy:(,I just do not know how to upload it on SDN:( & I already e-maild it 2 detaldoc without waiting for his respond for doing so .

HI,
yes I am talking about part1 dentaldecks2001 edition. Is there only 15 cards that need corrections?..Any one pls enlighten:clap:

Hi dentaldoc
ya...there are only 15 cards....sorry I couldn't send any attachment as I made the corections in the decks it-self.....sam is indeed a good boy to send those to you:clap:....might be you can attach it....or else can try for copying and pasting it....!!!just my 2 cents:D

Mrinalini is working on it ,just give us some time & you guys will find the attachment posted here ASAP.

u guys r rocking!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Amazing coordination guys!:wow:

way to go buddies
:horns:
:clap:

It is all yours guys now :D .BTW Mrinalini is the one who solved this problem;) .

Attachments

• decks correction.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,209
You all r so helpful,I really appreciate this kind of help.

dentaldoc said:
Hi all,
I need ur help guys. I have 2001 decks and haven't made the corrections that the decks website has updated. But now as they released 2004 decks they removed the '2001decks corrections' page from their website. I called them regarding this, they told it is obsolete! Now I am helpless:( ...If any one of you had stored the page in ur pc..pls send it to me:clap: ..or kindly post it here. Thanks in advance:clap:
[email protected]
hi,
can somebody please tell me about these dental decks..i have 2001 dental decks..are they sufficient for ndb part 1 exam?or does anyone has anything else..if yes please lemme know..am studying kaplan's review notes and past few years ndb question papers..does anyone has past 10 years ndb papers?are they really helpful..please reply asap.

Members don't see this ad :)
sam3 said:
Hi buddy:
Are you talking about part-1 or 2?? I have an old correction for part-1,but I do not know which year is it .do you want me to e-mail it to you??

hi sam,
can you post me the same dental decks 2001 corrections?
[email protected]
it will be great if you can do that.
thanks.

sam3 said:
It is all yours guys now :D .BTW Mrinalini is the one who solved this problem;) .
hi! jus cant open the attachment.can u mail it to me.thanks in advance.
sudhakar

sudhakar kolla said:
hi! jus cant open the attachment.can u mail it to me.thanks in advance.
sudhakar

Dental Decks Part I 2001 Edition
Section: Anatomic Sciences
Category: Nrv S
Card: Which lobe of the cerebrum listed below is responsible for hearing?

The chart on the back of the card, column one reads Precentral gyrus of parietal lobe

Correction: Postcentral gyrus of parietal lobe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: Hrt
Card: All of the following statements concerning the heart are true, except:

On the back of the card, the third paragraph (The heart is enclosed...), the third sentence reads The serous pericardium has two layers: the parietal layer (inner) and the visceral layer (outer).

Correction: The serous pericardium has two layers: the parietal layer (outer) and the visceral layer (inner).

The fourth sentence reads Between these two layers (serous and fibrous) is the pericardial space, which contains pericardial fluid that minimizes friction as the heart beats.

Correction: Between these two layers of the serous pericardium (parietal and visceral) is the pericardial space or cavity, which contains pericardial fluid that minimizes friction as the heart beats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category: Msl
Card: Which muscle of the neck listed below separates the anterior and posterior triangles of the neck?

The chart on the back of the card, concerning the stylohyoid muscle, the fourth column (Action) reads Elevates and retracts tongue

Correction: Elevates and retracts the hyoid bone

Category: MSL
Card: The myofibrils of a skeletal muscle fiber are arranged into compartments called:

On the back of the card, the third sentence
reads The A bands contain only actin filaments.

Correction: The light bands contain only actin filaments and are called I bands because they are isotropic to polarized light.

Category: Nrv
Card: Which nerve listed below innervates the posterior belly of the digastric muscle?

On the back of the card, the third paragraph(The Infrahyoid Muscles...), the second sentence reads All of them are innervated by the ansa cervicalis, which is a loop formed by branches of the cervical plexus (C1, C2, and C3).

Correction: All of them except the thyrohyoid muscle are innervated by the ansa cervicalis, which is a loop formed by branches of the cervical plexus (C1, C2, C3,). The thyrohyoid muscle is innervated by C1 fibers that travel through the hypoglossal nerve (CN XII).

Category: Lym S
Card: Lymph leaves the lymph node through the:

On the back of the card, the third sentence reads From the medullary sinuses, the lymph leaves the node via the afferent lymphatic vessels, which transport the lymph into efferent collecting vessels,....

Correction: From the medullary sinuses, the lymph leaves the node via the efferent lymphatic vessels, which transport the lymph into efferent collecting vessels,....

Category: Msl
Card: Which of the following refers to the sarcoplasmic reticulum present in skeletal muscle?

On the back of the card, The Note at the bottom of the card reads Skeletal muscle enlarges with prolonged activity and as a consequence of an increase in sarcoplasm and the number of myofibrils within each muscle fiber.

Clarification: If this is confusing to anyone, perhaps this will clear up any confusion. It is mainly a great increase in the numbers of additional myofibrils (which is cause by progressively greater numbers of both actin and myosin filaments in the myofibrils) that causes muscle fibers to hypertrophy. IMPORTANT: The number of muscle fibers does not increase, the size of each fiber increases.

Category: Endr S
Card: Which gland below is both an exocrine and endocrine gland?

On the back of the card, the second paragraph reads ENDOCRINE PORTION, the third bullet under this reads Delta cells - secrete somatostatin which inhibits the release of growth hormone

Correction:

Delta cells secrete somatostatin which acts locally within the islets of Langerhans themselves to depress the secretion of both insulin and glucagon

Clarification: It should also be recalled that somatostatin is the same chemical substance as growth hormone inhibitory hormone, which is secreted in the hypothalamus and suppresses anterior pituitary gland growth hormone secretion.

Section: Biochemistry / Physiology
Category: Min / Vit
Card: All of the following are water-soluble vitamins EXCEPT:

On the back of the card the second line of the Note, reads pantothenic acid (vitamin B3),...

Correction: pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)

Category: MSL
Card: All of the following statements concerning muscle spindles are true EXCEPT:

On the back of the card, #1 under Notes at the bottom of the card reads The muscle spindle is arranged parallel with the main muscle fibers (extrafusal fibers);....

Clarification: Muscle spindles are found within the belly of muscles and run parallel with the main muscle fibers. The annulospiral endings (sensory terminals)are wrapped around specialized muscle fibers that belongs to the muscle spindle (intrafusal fibers) and are quite separate from the fibers that make up the bulk of the muscle (extrafusal fibers).

Category: Metab
Card: The branch point molecule of glycolysis is:

On the back of the card, the third bullet((Conversion to oxaloacetate) under The possible fates of pyruvate has a Note that reads pyruvate carboxylase is found in the liver and brain, but not in muscle.

Correction: pyruvate carboxylase is found in the liver and kidney, but not in muscle. Important point: The pyruvate carboxylase reaction is the most important anaplerotic reaction in the liver and kidney of mammals.

Category: Hrm
Card: Match the hormone on the left with the appropriate gland or structure that produces it on the right. Note: the gland or structure can be used more than once or not at all.

On the back of the card, with reference to Antidiuretic hormone, the second column reads Pituitary gland

Correction: the second column should read hypothalamus.

Clarification: The posterior lobe of the pituitary gland secretes only two hormones: antidiuretic hormone and oxytocin. In reality, these hormones are produced by nerve cells within the hypothalamus. These nerve cells have projections (axons) that extend to the posterior pituitary, where the hormones are released.

Section: Microbiology / Pathology
Category: Vir
Card: All of the following statements are true, except:

On the back of the card, the last sentence in the first paragraph reads Examples of positive polarity RNA viruses include orthomyxoviruses and paramyxoviruses.

Correction: Examples of negative polarity RNA viruses include orthomyxoviruses and paramyxoviruses.

Category: Sub
Card: All of the following statements concerning serotonin are true, except:

On the back of the card, the second paragraph (SEROTONIN (5-hydroxytryptamine), the second sentence reads Serotonin increases the dilation of blood vessels and stimulates platelet aggregation (blood clotting).

Correction: Serotonin is a powerful vasoconstrictor and stimulates platelet aggregation (blood clotting)

Category: Syndr
Card: Which malabsorption syndrome listed below is an inherited disorder in which an allergic intolerance to gluten, a protein, causes changes in the intestine that results in malabsorption?

On the back of the card the second paragraph reads Celiac Disease may begin at any age, however, the initial sign of this disease is usually the failure to thrive in an infant growing normally until cereals are started.

Correction and clarification: Celiac disease affects people differently. Some people develop symptoms as children, others as adults. One factor thought to play a role in when and how celiac appears is whether and how long a person was breastfed--the longer one was breastfed, the later symptoms of celiac disease appear, and the more atypical the symptoms. Other factors include the age at which one began eating foods containing gluten (for example, cereals) and how much gluten is eaten.

:clap: Thank you Pavi:

You have been very helpful!!!!

THANK YOU!!! :thumbup:

pavi1230 said:
Hey, no problem! :)
thanks pallavi,
theres another mistake!
Biochem /physio
Pro/AA
it says there are 9 essential amino acids,
whereas as per Lippincot ,
there are 10 essential amino acids.

Thanks Pavi. You are a such good guy. :)

pavi1230 said:

Card: Which nerve listed below innervates the posterior belly of the digastric muscle?

On the back of the card, the third paragraph(The Infrahyoid Muscles...), the second sentence reads All of them are innervated by the ansa cervicalis, which is a loop formed by branches of the cervical plexus (C1, C2, and C3).

Correction: All of them except the thyrohyoid muscle are innervated by the ansa cervicalis, which is a loop formed by branches of the cervical plexus (C1, C2, C3,). The thyrohyoid muscle is innervated by C1 fibers that travel through the hypoglossal nerve (CN XII).

No! Not thyrohyoid its geniohyoid thats supplied by C1 fibers via CN XII.
Great work though!!

dentist78 said:
pavi1230 said:

No! Not thyrohyoid its geniohyoid thats supplied by C1 fibers via CN XII.
Great work though!![/QUOT

Well, Thyrohyoid is innervated as well, Check it out:

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/meded/grossanatomy/dissector/mml/thyh.htm

HI,

Can you guys send me correction of dental decsk 2001,
my address: [email protected]
I couldnt open the file you posted here.
Thank you so much!
Take care