Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Corrections SAR

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by KyGrlDr2B, Mar 4, 2002.

1. KyGrlDr2B

Ok, when i submitted my fafsa before, i received my sar via email the very next day. I made corrections the other day and i still don't have anything and when i check the status, it has no record of it (yet). What's the deal?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa....

Hey, in your SAR, did it say how much money you were qualified for ??
    My SAR just summarized the information I had entered and said nothing about the Aid at all. I was wondering if this was normal, or did I do something wrong... Please reply someone.

4. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member

that's all the SAR is--just a summary. it's up to the individual schools to decide how much money you get and what form it takes (i.e. grants or loans).

5. Astrid

Astrid Member

You got your SAR e-mail to you the next day? Hum. Mine hasn't come and it's been over a week. Should I worry?

6. KyGrlDr2B

Astrid: Maybe they are backed up and taking longer now. When I submitted a month ago it took a day. Now that I re-submitted, I haven't gotten anything.

7. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member

i submitted my fafsa on friday and got a SAR email monday morning. maybe i was lucky.

8. ckent

ckent Banned
    Banned

As far as I know, there should at least be something in your status report on the FASFA page indicating that they are processing your corrections and when you submitted them. You might try waiting a day or two and then calling them and asking them what you should do. If you don't get a good response from them, and you wait a day or two without any change in your status on the website, then I would just re-submit it again. When I submitted a correction, I don't think they ever e-mailed me about it, I think that I just went there a week later and they said that they had processed it already.