SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Corrections SAR

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by KyGrlDr2B, Mar 4, 2002.

1. KyGrlDr2B

KyGrlDr2B 7+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2001
    KY
    Ok, when i submitted my fafsa before, i received my sar via email the very next day. I made corrections the other day and i still don't have anything and when i check the status, it has no record of it (yet). What's the deal?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AceUF78

AceUF78 Membaaa.... 10+ Year Member

Nov 11, 1999
    Milwaukee
    Hey, in your SAR, did it say how much money you were qualified for ??
    My SAR just summarized the information I had entered and said nothing about the Aid at all. I was wondering if this was normal, or did I do something wrong... Please reply someone.

4. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2001
    that's all the SAR is--just a summary. it's up to the individual schools to decide how much money you get and what form it takes (i.e. grants or loans).

5. Astrid

Astrid Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2002
    You got your SAR e-mail to you the next day? Hum. Mine hasn't come and it's been over a week. Should I worry?

6. KyGrlDr2B

KyGrlDr2B 7+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2001
    KY
    Astrid: Maybe they are backed up and taking longer now. When I submitted a month ago it took a day. Now that I re-submitted, I haven't gotten anything.

7. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2001
    i submitted my fafsa on friday and got a SAR email monday morning. maybe i was lucky.

8. ckent

ckent Banned Banned

Jul 31, 2000
    Smallville/Metropolis
    As far as I know, there should at least be something in your status report on the FASFA page indicating that they are processing your corrections and when you submitted them. You might try waiting a day or two and then calling them and asking them what you should do. If you don't get a good response from them, and you wait a day or two without any change in your status on the website, then I would just re-submit it again. When I submitted a correction, I don't think they ever e-mailed me about it, I think that I just went there a week later and they said that they had processed it already.