Correlation between age and acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niksem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the likedness of acceptance depend on the age? I noticed that a person with quite high MCAT and GPA did not get accepted into med school. I also noticed that average age of the acceptees varies from 22 to 24 (majority). I will be 20 y.o. when apply. Is it going be held against me? Are there any people who will start (hopefully) or already started med school at age 21?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Niksem,
I was 20 when I applied (turned 21 October 30). There is no problem with being young- many, if not most, people enter med school straight out of college.

I am 20 and have been accepted to 2 schools. I don't turn 21 until december.

Members don't see this ad :)
warpath: Alright! Another December person!! My birthday is in December.

I am only 20 right now, and won't be 21 until this oct. Also, I look extremely young and people tell me that I could pass for a 16 year old, heh. Don't worry about your age, there are lots of students who get into med school straight out of college and quite young.

My birthday is in December too, so I will still be 21 when I enter med school (IF I get in :wink: ).

ok, Mine is 15 of December, who has the birthday on the same day?

Hello fellow youngsters,

I'll be 20 at the time of graduation and application to medical school. For those of you who have interviewed, do they look down on age at all - possibly due to lack of "real world" experience or anything to that effect?