Cost Issue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoeDaMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going ahead of sending all my transcripts, mcat scores etc etc to all the schools...

Releaseing mcat scores to each school costs 10 dollars? imagine sending to five schools, that is 50 dollars right there...

each transcript costs about 5 to 10 dollars....if you went to three schools, that is around 30 per school?!

and I already paid a 1000 to amcas, is anyone else having difficulty coughing up more money? gosh this is such a nightmare :(

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do it. A lot of schools aren't accepting materials from the applicants, they're still waiting for AMCAS to get its act together. Make sure you check with each school before you send anything. Besides, releasing MCAT scores isn't as easy as you may think. I faxed an ASR request to AMCAS almost 3 weeks ago in order to have my scores sent to a non-AMCAS school. As of now, that request still hasn't been processed. I really don't know what's causing the delay other than all their other problems. Good Luck!

I seem to remember the MCAT score report sheet saying (or someone telling me) that the release of MCAT scores takes at least 3-4 weeks. Not exactly reliable info, but I don't think you should be surprised. That was the reason not to void your August scores - it takes too long to get them to schools on your own that way.

Also, MCW is accepting a print-out application, along with transcripts and MCATs...I'm thankful that my school sends out transcripts for free, and when I called MCW, she said that they were looking for a photocopy of the score report that I had gotten in the mail, no need to release them directly from AAMC. Granted, I am sure they wait to take serious action until they have everything verified from the *real* AMCAS, but for $0, I figure, what could it hurt?