Cost of Coronary Angiogram?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudentx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a bit of an odd question but I was wondering how much an elective coronary angiogram costs (for example is it in the neighborhood of $2000)?

I tried searching the Internet for the answer but the only thing I found was an out-dated study from 1979 saying the average cost back then was about $1400.

I know the cost probably varies according to the area of the country but just give me a ballpark figure.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

anybody?

bueller?..... bueller?....

We aren't going to be able to answer your question, because the cost would vary according to what area of the country you are in, what hospital, etc. Also the cost the patient pays would vary according to what insurance he/she has.
The $1400 figure definitely seems low, though...would guess it's more like 4-5,000 at least. The cost probably would also depend on whether stents were placed, and how many. I know those stents are expensive.

You may not get many replies to this, since I don't know that there are any interventional cards attendings who post on here...