1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

cost of dental school

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mobius, Mar 25, 2004.

1. mobius

mobius Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ok guys with many schools costing 30-50k how is it possible with a 38500 a year stafford loan to attend without your parents paying the difference? is there another way?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. drPheta

drPheta Some random guy
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    yes...private loans.

Dental Access loan is one of the better ones, and is pretty popular among dental students. There are other good ones and they all have their benefits and cons. Your financial aid office will tell you all the details with all the approved/recommended private loans should you need to take them out. Also, your school should offer some kind of loans themselves.

There are plenty of financial sources out there. But, don't sweat it, your financial aid package will explain it all.

4. 3rdMolarRoller

3rdMolarRoller User Account Deleted
    7+ Year Member

My gov't loan is at 2.8% for the 30,000 and my private loan (sallie mae) is at 3.0% for the rest of my money.

5. BMWg84

BMWg84 Pepperdine Univ. Pre-Dent
    7+ Year Member

it seems like that's a lot of money to owe back now, but consider it this way, once you get out of school and begin to practice, your salary will overwhelm the costs you owe back. Live in an apartment for a few years and work your way up from there :) Things tend to be bad before they get good (with exception to a few cases).

but, i would look into what Brocnizer2007 said. Sounds like a bullet-proof plan