Cost of dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scott11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anybody out there have a list of the costs of all dental schools? I have found some but they are all outdated. Id like to compare the current prices

Members don't see this ad.

I guess a better way to do this is to ask..... How much is the school you are going to cost? Include books and fees

From what I know and have heard , I include what it says in the ADEA GUIDE TO DENTAL SCHOOL 2010 , but I believe priced have increased a bit. THESE ARE ROUGH ESTIMATIONS.

Temple: 80K per year ( total cost, which includes tuition, books, living expenses). ( 76K in the ADEA GUIDE TO DENTAL SCHOOLS 2010).

NYU: 104K per year( I was told this during the interview, correct me if I am wrong, this is also the TOTAL COST, it says 95K in the ADEA BOOK 2010).

BU and TUFTS: approximately 90K per year ( on average, the ADEA 2010: 87K).

MARYLAND: 87K per year ( ADEA-2010)

UPITT: 75K per year ( ADEA-2010)

UPENN: 88K per year ( ADEA-2010)

COLUMBIA: 77K per year ( ADEA-2010)

WESTERN: 80K per year ( ADEA-2010)

UoP: 115K per year
( ADEA-2010)

MIDWESTERN: 65K per year ( ADEA -2010)

ASDOH: 88K per year (ADEA-2010)

MICHIGAN: 70K per year ( ADEA-2010)

Many of the numbers I stated are a rough average of the 4 years, since each year the total cost differentiates a bit from each other. I hope this helps a little, correct me if I am wrong with any of these estimations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind UoP is a three-year program so the total is $345k instead of $460k. So it's still expensive but some are worse. Just wanted to throw this out there.

Detroit Mercy = 65k per year including tools/supplies (this is ofc without living expenses)

Another thing to consider is there are a select few schools that will allow you to change your out-of-state residency status to in-state (cutting ur tution by less than 1/2). Buffalo has this. First year out-of-state tuition will be like 55k, but if you switch, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year tuition becomes like 22k each.

The above posts are good, but if you're serious about dental school you should purchase the ADEA Guide to Dental School - it has everything you need to know about every school, including cost of attendance per year for in-state and out-of-state.