cost of living at St. George's, Grenada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am considering applying to St. George's in Grenada considering my 25Q mcat, 3.63 gpa...

though I do not want to go to a foreign school, I might be willing to if it's only for 2yrs and then I would try to do my final 2 somewhere in the US (NY/NJ)

my concern is the living costs....could anyone please give me some insight on how much it costs to live on campus...per month/yr, costs for food on an average day, I have done research on people saying that electricity costs a lot if you love off campus and have AC on all the time, I don't do well in hot weather and would most likely need it on most of the time unless I can adapt to the weather there. Though I tried doing online research in forums and other sites for this information I did not find exactly what I was looking for and thought this would be the best place to check....that being said all insight is much appreciated and thank you in advance for your help, time, and input

Members don't see this ad.

your tentative plan does not sound very good.... exactly how are you going to finish up school in the US

sorry I dont know anything about living costs

but I ask because if youre worried about the cost of living, you should be worried about potentially two years of tuition and room and board down the drain if your plan doesnt work out

Last edited:
your tentative plan does not sound very good.... exactly how are you going to finish up school in the US

sorry I dont know anything about living costs

but I ask because if youre worried about the cost of living, you should be worried about potentially two years of tuition and room and board down the drain if your plan doesnt work out
I merely am concerned because I wanted to have an idea of costs (for what and how much per month/yr) so I could have an idea to compare to the costs as they compared to living off campus.

In regards to finishing up school in US, I was just referring to completing the clinical years in a hospital within the US that gives the option to do so from SGU.

Members don't see this ad :)
My opinion: take one year off. Do well on MCAT. Profit.

Seriously, if you bump up your MCAT to 30+, you'll be good for so many schools. I'm not a St. George hater, but... I don't see why you NEED to start somewhere right now (especially since it seems like you don't know too much about the program).

P.S. -- or think about D.O.

My opinion: take one year off. Do well on MCAT. Profit.

Seriously, if you bump up your MCAT to 30+, you'll be good for so many schools. I'm not a St. George hater, but... I don't see why you NEED to start somewhere right now (especially since it seems like you don't know too much about the program).

P.S. -- or think about D.O.

People have different situations, and time may be a significant factor for some.

But regardless, OP, I agree you should study harder for the MCAT and take it one more time. Hell, I've known people to take it 3 times and still be successful getting into an MD program in the US. But I would say at the very LEAST try taking it one more time and see how you do. 30+ will put you in a good place.

Thank you for those who have already responded, I do appreciate your input. I would like to add that I have taken the exam 2 times, scored (v:7, ps:9, bs:9, Q) the first time and (v:6, ps:10, bs:9, Q) the second time. I really do not feel like taking an additional year off is an option for me since that is what I already have done (recently graduating and am currently looking for a research position for the experience during this gap yr).