1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Cost of Living in Boston

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by bee3615, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bee3615

2+ Year Member

So i've looked at the quote for cost of living for the 3 dental schools, and I noticed that they have different estimates, with the highest being about 23k/yr. Do ppl actually spend this much, less, or over? And while we are at it, what are the best areas to live in while attending BU; keeping cost and proximity in mind?

2. murff05

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've been doing a lot of searching around BU.

Anything within walking distance from school can range from 1200- 2500+.... It would be wise to find a roommate in any situation. I have found some single apartments to be around 1300 but that is a lot to pay if you don't have the money.

If you have any luck finding a good place let me know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bennijai

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Keep in mind the cost of living in Boston is insanely high compared to others. Most student housing are walking distance. And as for the areas there are a list of them which I happened to have lying around somewhere. If I find it I will gladly post it here for your reference.

Just another note, when you are interviewed at Boston, there will be additional info on financial aid and housing.