Cost of Living in Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bee3615

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've looked at the quote for cost of living for the 3 dental schools, and I noticed that they have different estimates, with the highest being about 23k/yr. Do ppl actually spend this much, less, or over? And while we are at it, what are the best areas to live in while attending BU; keeping cost and proximity in mind?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been doing a lot of searching around BU.

Anything within walking distance from school can range from 1200- 2500+.... It would be wise to find a roommate in any situation. I have found some single apartments to be around 1300 but that is a lot to pay if you don't have the money.

If you have any luck finding a good place let me know!

Keep in mind the cost of living in Boston is insanely high compared to others. Most student housing are walking distance. And as for the areas there are a list of them which I happened to have lying around somewhere. If I find it I will gladly post it here for your reference.

Just another note, when you are interviewed at Boston, there will be additional info on financial aid and housing.