Cost of Living in Nashville???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnMadden

Political Refugee
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my aid package from Vandy and I was very surprised. In the student budget, monthly rent was at 850!!!

Did I miss something or is housing not as cheap there as people led me to believe?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received my aid package from Vandy and I was very surprised. In the student budget, monthly rent was at 850!!!

Did I miss something or is housing not as cheap there as people led me to believe?

at second look "the housing presentation" had two students renting apts for around $700 (i believe). with utilities and such, i guess $850 is a reasonable estimate.

im still waiting for my fin package. argh.

at second look "the housing presentation" had two students renting apts for around $700 (i believe). with utilities and such, i guess $850 is a reasonable estimate.

im still waiting for my fin package. argh.
Actually I think the guys who rented were around $500-600 while the ones paying a mortgage were around $700-800.

It's not hard to find a place within walking distance well under $850, especially if you have a roommate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in nashville and I just wanted to add that you can pay anywhere from $500-1200 per month, granted im sure you can find cheaper or more costly places. Example: Village at Vanderbilt = expensive, Elliston place = more affordable. There is A LOT of housing near campus and landlords clearly give preference to grad students. The key is to get a roomate because that tends to make things cheaper.

it's not as cheap as you think (i've lived here for 4 years) but it can be as cheap as you like ie you can find apartments and even nice 4 bedroom houses that if split correctly would amount to like 500 a month in rent. but a lot of the stuff that's easiest to locate (w/o digging around) i've found is like upwards of 700 a month.