Cost of living in Tel Aviv, Beersheba

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocDrex1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Upon doing some research, there seem to be some fabulous schools in Israel. I'm curious to know what the cost of living in these places is (Tel Aviv and Beersheba)? How much are the medical students spending per year? Thanks everyone for their help.

Drex

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Drex,

The cost of living in Be'er Sheva is significantly lower than in the states, and lower also than in Tel Aviv. I live in a new 3 bedroom apartment with two full baths, a huge balcony and big living space for $660/month... total. Not, each. I think food costs are going to be similar between the two cities. Hope this helps.

Hey sharkchaser47!

Wow, the living expenses seems very low at Beersheba. BGU seems like a very impressive school. I'm from Windsor, Canada so I'm curious if the Canadians in your class are worried about the visa issues that they'll face come residency time?

Drex

Members don't see this ad :)
To tell you the truth, I am not very well versed on the Canadian residency placement issue. I know that we had a person match in Canada at UofT last year. As far as I know, you have to take a Canadian licensing exam in addition to the USMLE. After that, you are eligible for the match in Canada. Again, I am by no means an expert and am telling you just what I heard others saying. The Canadians in my class would be able to explain it to you better. If you are interested, we have a Facebook group where you could email students to find out.

Hey Sharkchaser47 (or any other MSIH students),

How are you guys liking the MSIH program? Pros/cons would be nice to know. Thanks for your help guys.

Drex

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been accepted to MSIH for the class starting this September? If so, are you planning to attend? No one seems to post much on the Israeli forums here. I'm sure there must be some people who have been accepted.

Drex

The cost of living in Tel Aviv is quite high, in fact it is in the top ten most expensive cities in the world. While buying fruits and vegetables at the local market are dirt cheap, buying groceries at the more convenient grocery stores are expensive. Rent is comparable to any large city. Ours was $900 for a one bedroom in the inner city.