1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Cost of Living

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pesed, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Pesed

Pesed Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best ways to determine "cost of living" for an area? I'm not applying until next year, but I have a small family to move and would like to be well prepared!
    My first thought is to look at the price of real estate in the area. Sometimes this helps, many times it does not.
    Thanks for your help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. packbacker

packbacker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

The site below is a fairly good resource. Enter in a generic salary and your current location and it'll give you the salary you should be making in the NEW city to roughly break even. It's not perfect, but will give you an idea of the cost of living increase/decrease from your current location.

http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/salcalc.html