• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Newt23

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't want to be a burden on the board. But I am interested in learning the cost (tuition, fees, and living expenses) of four schools. I am aware that there is a great deal of information on their websites, but i would like to know from current students, if possible.

i will be doing a 1 year MPH by the way.

The schools are Hopkins, Harvard, Emory, and UNC

Newt23

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Also, I would be happy to know your opinion on which of these formerly mentioned schools would be best for preparation in a career in humanitarian aid research. Right now it appears to be Hopkins and Harvard, but I would love to hear from folks who know more than me

MsMPH12

Jan 25, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
There is a breakdown of tuition, fees, and average living expenses on each respective website. You should research each one of them.

About the Ads

OneDay81

7+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2009
Gulf Coast MS/LA
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Agreed. This is all stuff you can look up on your own. No need to be lazy. That's a bad way to start grad school ;)

Newt23

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thank you! I just wanted to get a feel for which schools are most expensive. Perhaps I could make a ranking system. And maybe someone would be kind enough to offer a constructive response.

(From most to least expensive)
1. Hopkins
2. Emory
3. Harvard
4. UNC

Also, if anyone has any comments on the second question, I would be very thankful

Stories

Life Afficianado
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
If nothing else, the cost of living per city probably ranks like this:

1.) Boston
2.) Baltimore
3.) Chapel Hill
4.) Atlanta

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.