costa rica?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone try the fifthpathway program with the medical school in costa rica?

Members don't see this ad.

Which school in Costa Rica?

ucicr ?
it was uci something

Members don't see this ad :)
The name of the school is U.C.R. or UNIVERSIDAD DE COSTA RICA .

Cause there is no UCICR that offers medicine here in COSTA RICA .

Here is a List :

Medical Schools that are W.H.O. and or IMED Listed :

1. Universidad de Costa Rica U.C.R. , its the National or State University

2. UNIVERSIDAD DE CIENCIAS MEDICAS UCIMED , also known as the OLD U.A.C.A. .

3. UNIVERSIDAD HISPANOAMERICANA

4. U.N.I.B.E. UNIVERSIDAD de IBEROAMERICA

5. U.I.A. UNIVERSIDAD INTERNATIONAL de LAS AMERICAS , last year was on probation here but looks like all is well there again .

MEDICAL SCHOOLS THAT ARE NOT AS OF TODAY W.H.O. and or IMED Listed : august 22 , 2002 .

1. UNIVERSIDAD CENTRAL UCENTRAL ...........same owner as U.I.A. , also placed on probation , and again looks like all is cool with the school .

2. UNIVERSIDAD FEDERADA COLEGIO UNIVERSITARIO SAN JUDAS TADEO , a.k.a . ST. JUDES SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

3. UNIVERSIDAD LATINA de COSTA RICA ULATINA . their campus in PANAMA is W.H.O. and or IMED listed .

4. UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA de CENTRO AMERICA , new U.A.C.A. a.k.a. COLEGIO DE MEDICINA CLORITO PICADO .

I have heard stuff about the fifth pathway , but am not really sure how it works .

:cool:

i believe it was UCIMED

I think fifth pathway was originally meant for US citizens studying abroad in countries with a social service requirement after graduation from med school. In other words, lets say you went to med school in Mexico......instead of completing your social sevice year in that country, you could apply to a US med school and complete it there (theoretically). However, I believe only NYU really participates in this program. You would still be considered an IMG, but you would get the U.S. clinical experience needed to land a good residency, ofcourse, if you were a competitive candidate to begin with. Also, I think another pre-requisite is the completion of bachelors degree in the U.S.
In any case, you should check out usmle.org or ecfmg.org......I am sure they can help you further.

nevermind, didn't see the acronym link.

Which link are you looking for ?

:cool:

Sorry, I was wondering what an IMG was, but the answer was on the ecfmg.org page.

where did you get the info that those are the med schools in costa rica???

There's also a UNIBE in the DR with a lot of US graduates. Do you know if they are related? Do you know how long the UNIBE in CR has been around?

Bryan :

I know these are the med schools cause I study at the UNIBE in Tibas , San Jose Costa Rica .

DOC AMON , the UNIBE here in costa rica is not affliliated with the one in the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC or for that matter any other one around the world . Looks like UNIBE is a pop. name .

And it has been around since I think 1995 0r 1997 .

One of the best here , what ever that means .

Its what you take home with you , not the school .

Peace .

unibe costa rica pharmacy program
anyone graduate from that school with pharm d?
come back to the US and take foreign exam and naplex and become a pharmacist?