Costs of Applying to Dental Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paymaant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read that if you checked off at least 1 school from AADSAS to send your DAT score to, then the system will send your schools to all other schools that you list without paying additional fees.

So, does this mean I can apply to 10 dental schools for the price of 1? Or are there other application fees that we must pay?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Members don't see this ad.

I have read that if you checked off at least 1 school from AADSAS to send your DAT score to, then the system will send your schools to all other schools that you list without paying additional fees.

So, does this mean I can apply to 10 dental schools for the price of 1? Or are there other application fees that we must pay?

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

The AADSAS application fee is now $244 for the first school and $90 for each school after that. Then you pay a supplemental fee for each school and different schools have different fee amounts. 10 schools will roughly cost $1600-1700.

wow that is going to cost a lot of money!! I guess I gotta carefully select my list of schools to apply to.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow that is going to cost a lot of money!! I guess I gotta carefully select my list of schools to apply to.
Yeah its real expensive. I am trying to keep it below $2000 so 12 schools max for me.

That's just the beginning. Then you factor in interviews, which if you aren't local runs $500 per trip easy.

That's just the beginning. Then you factor in interviews, which if you aren't local runs $500 per trip easy.

Yea this is one cost most people don't think of right away. You don't want to be broke and have to find a flight across the country for an interview that's in two weeks.