Costume for interview dinner during halloween

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xkn123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooo I have an interview dinner tmrw night 10/31. Do you guys think it's a good idea to wear costume to the dinner?

Members don't see this ad.

If you do, I'd pay money to be on the resident group text after dinner.

Please don't do this.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Yes, no. If this is a program you did your sub-I in, they know you and love you.. heck yes. Would be baller. Otherwise, no.

We had one guy wear a huge obnoxious clown bow tie on an interview dinner - seriously was as big as his head around a holiday, maybe Christmas but can’t be sure.

The guy was a total cheese-ball, cracking jokes and had a few too much to drink. Was slurring at the end of the dinner. Needless to say he was marked as “do not rank” even before he started interviews. Don’t be this person!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, go online and look up the residents. Dress up as a senior resident or program director and make sure you wear a white coat. Memorize their bio and respond with to questions about yourself with these answers.

seriously, just no

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Let me ask all of you answering "no" this: Assuming the OP isn't making a joke or trolling, do you really want someone who might lack common sense and seriously ask this question to be able to hide this aspect of themselves and potentially get ranked to match by your unwitting program?

OP, I say ignore the rest of the terrible advice above; wearing a costume to the interview dinner is a great idea! Express yourself and don't be one of the sheeple!

• Haha
My peds program has a dinner tonight, and I think that would be awesome!

I think it's appropriate to wear something that acknowledges the holiday, but not a costume or costume accessory. As a woman, I wear festive earrings and a necklace, something small and unoffensive.

If I were a man, I might wear an orange necktie, or shirt, or just some fun Halloween socks.

That is as far as I would go.