Could a dental school student answer this question for me please?

Vicviper

Michael De Coro, DMD - AKA Steve McAwesome
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Visalia, CA
  1. Dentist
    While you don't work on animals in dental school, there's a very good chance that you'll have to do cadaver dissections. While it seems gross, it's actually pretty interesting, and a great learning method.

If you want to do research, there is a good chance that you may work on animals though, depending on the experiment. I worked with hamsters in my research lab.

About the Ads

MulberryDMD

Drill.Fill.Bill.CHILL....
    May 17, 2010
    1. Dental Student
      Yes we do experiment on animals, specifically the Homo sapien species. Luckily, we abide by the highest ethical code and have not had any inhumane treatment occur at our facilities. Sure there may be unplanned drillings or the occasional accidental pulp exposure, but nothing too traumatic. Have I mentioned yet that these animals volunteered to be "experimented" on?

In all seriousness, the only time you would be experimenting on animals if you elect to become invloved in a research lab involving animals.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.